Stones Throw Records is seeking a full-time Creative Manager based in our Los Angeles headquarters. This position will work closely with label’s Art Director and A&R and marketing teams to develop and create visual media for artist campaigns and label initiatives. Creative zeal, originality and excellence are paramount. Candidate must be highly organized and have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize a heavy workload independently in a busy work environment.
For consideration, please send a resume including a link to your portfolio along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 20th.
- Collaborate with artists, artist management and label to develop visual universe for release campaigns
- Manage creative process from concept to completion, including creating release artwork, artist photos, music videos, animations and other visual content
- Maintain, recruit and develop outside freelance creative talent including visual artists, graphic designers, photographers, animators, video directors, editors, etc.
- Create and/or layout artwork for digital and physical products
- Edit audio/visual short-form content for social media
- Design compelling pitch decks for label and artists
- Oversee delivery and quality control of production files with strong eye for proofing
Skills & experience
- A minimum of two years of experience at a record label or equivalent professional background
- Genuine passion for and knowledge of Stones Throw’s visual aesthetic, history and music
- Strong graphic design skills
- Knowledge of production techniques and considerations for vinyl, CD, cassette and other physical products
- Video editing and animation skills
- Knowledge of typography, illustration and composition
- Skill and experience managing freelance creative talent and budgets
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Resourceful at working within independent label budgets
- Passion for and understanding of evolving trends and technology
- Capacity to take direction and embrace constructive criticism
- Positive and collaborative attitude
Education: College Degree Required
Application Closing Date: September 20.
Location: Los Angeles, CA label headquarters
- Health Insurance
- 401 K
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Days