Stones Throw Records is seeking a full-time Creative Licensing & Publishing Manager based in our Los Angeles headquarters to manage licensing opportunities and facilitate publishing administration.
This position will work closely with members of the label’s A&R and finance/business affairs teams.
Candidate must be highly organized and have the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize a heavy workload independently in a busy work environment.
For consideration, please send a resume with a cover letter to [email protected].
ABOUT STONES THROW
Stones Throw Records is an independent record label founded in 1996 by DJ Peanut Butter Wolf with offices in Los Angeles and London. Known for a richly diverse roster, past touchstone releases include albums by Madvillain, J Dilla, Madlib, Mayer Hawthorne, Dam-Funk and Aloe Blacc . The current roster includes artists such as Sudan Archives, Mild High Club, Knxwledge, Mndsgn, Benny Sings, NxWorries (Anderson. Paak & Knxwledge), Automatic, Jerry Paper, John Carroll Kirby, Kiefer and Los Retros.
- Proactively pitch the Stones Throw catalog for master/sync licensing and creatively respond to briefs from music supervisors
- Maintain existing and make new relationships with music supervisors
- Field incoming licensing requests
- Confirm ownership and seek consent from approval parties (artists and their management, songwriters and their publishers) for track(s) being licensed
- Help maintain accurate metadata and publishing agreements/LODs to deliver to third party publishing administrator
- Set up listening events/showcases of Stones Throw artists
Skills & experience
- A minimum of two years of experience at a record label, music supervision company, music publishing company, or equivalent professional background
- An in-depth knowledge of Stones Throw’s catalog
- A familiarity with what is commonly used in TV/Film/Ads and an ear to find a song that is a “soundalike” to another
- An understanding of copyright in publishing and master recordings
- A pre-existing network of music supervisors and coordinators
- Adept at interpersonal communication
- Experience using DISCO, MailChimp
Education: College Degree Required
- Paid Health Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Days
- 401K matching
Stones Throw is an equal opportunity employer, embraces diversity and is committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favorably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.