Stones Throw is seeking a full-time Project Manager in our Los Angeles office. Ideal candidate is a creative, self-motivated individual with 2+ years music business experience in marketing and/or project management. Familiarity with the label, our fan base and our artists’ music as well as a general passion for music is essential. Ability to stay organized, manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize a heavy workload independently in a busy work environment is a must.
For consideration, please send a resume with a cover letter to [email protected].
ABOUT STONES THROW
Stones Throw Records is an independent record label founded in 1996 by Peanut Butter Wolf with offices in Los Angeles and London. Known for a richly diverse roste, past touchstone releases include albums by Madvillain, J Dilla, Madlib, Mayer Hawthorne, Dam-Funk and Aloe Blacc . The current roster includes artists such as Sudan Archives, Mild High Club, Knxwledge, Mndsgn, Benny Sings, NxWorries (Anderson. Paak & Knxwledge), Automatic, Jerry Paper, John Carroll Kirby, Kiefer and Los Retros.
- Work with key staff members to develop, execute and implement exciting and effective marketing campaigns and timelines.
- Interface with artists, managers, publicists, booking agents, radio promotion and other 3rd party partners.
- Create weekly detailed reports of all marketing work and updates on individual campaigns to be shared with Stones Throw staff and our partners at distribution, DSPs, external marketing agencies and artist management.
- Create one sheets and sales updates.
- Develop and maintain contacts in the creative services (e.g. video directors, videographers, photographers, designers, etc.) and oversee creation of creative content including music videos, online campaigns and other promotional marketing assets.
- Pitch and develop creative ideas for campaigns including online ads, posters, stickers, press angles, merchandise, live shows, etc.
- Develop marketing partnerships to align label and artists with brands and their music programs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with partners outside of the traditional music retail sphere, including new media platforms, brand partnerships and lifestyle marketing.
- Contacts in music and related industries including press, radio, booking agencies, brands, tastemakers, etc.
- Contacts in the creative services arena (e.g. video directors, videographers, photographers, designers, etc.)
- Resourceful at working within independent label budgets.
- Though not required, basic online/digital/design skills would be considered a plus.
Education: College Degree Required
- Paid Health Insurance
- 401 K Matching
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Days
Stones Throw is an equal opportunity employer, embraces diversity and is committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favorably on grounds of their sex, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.