Stones Throw is seeking a Project Manager to work in our London office.
The project manager will work closely with the UK & Europe Label Manager to develop and deliver Stones Throw’s UK & European campaigns.
The position will also provide general support in the day-to-day running of the label in the UK and Europe. The ideal candidate is a capable, enthusiastic self-starter with 2+ years of relevant music industry experience, ideally at a record label or distributor, and a passion for great music.
The candidate must be an excellent communicator, flexible, organized, hard-working, detail-oriented, and able to prioritize their workload. Stones Throw releases music in a range of different genres, so varied taste and broad understanding of the current musical landscape is important.
The ability to hit the ground running will be important. We are a small and growing team so the position includes plenty of opportunity to get involved on all aspects of record campaigns.
The position is based in our office in Hackney, East London. The salary is competitive.
- Project managing select campaigns
- Providing general support to UK & Europe Label Manager
- Setting up releases for digital and physical distribution
- Pitching releases for digital placement
- Updating our distribution partners and relevant retailers on our projects
- Drafting copy such as sales notes and promo mailouts
- Sales reporting
- Keeping track of stock levels and movements
- Keeping libraries of assets and contacts databases up to date
- Some in-house PR and radio support
- Representing Stones Throw at events such as gigs and label markets
Skills & Experience
- Familiarity with Stones Throw Records and a genuine passion for the music we release
- At least 2 years of relevant experience, ideally at either a label or distributor
- An understanding of record release marketing campaigns, digital and physical retail, international markets, and distribution
- Good time management, with the ability to prioritize own workload and take initiative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Digital: MS Office, Google Apps, social media, some knowledge of the digital marketing landscape
Please send a CV and short covering letter saying why you would be suitable for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Project Manager (UK)” in the subject line. The deadline is 1 August 2019.