Stones Throw is seeking a full-time Marketing Director at its head office in Los Angeles.
Ideal candidate is a creative, self-motivated individual with 3+ years music business experience in marketing and/or project management.
Familiarity with the label, our fan base and our artists’ music as well as a general passion for music is essential.
Ability to stay organized, manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize a heavy workload independently in a busy work environment is a must. Candidate should also have experience with relevant and emerging social media networks, digital platforms and culture.
- Work with key staff members to develop, execute and implement marketing campaigns and timelines.
- Interface with artists, managers, publicists, booking agents and other 3rd party partners.
- Develop and implement digital advertising and online strategies
- Quantify success and efficiency of digital advertising, social engagement and conversion and partnerships via various analytics tools.
- Develop and maintain contacts in the creative services (e.g. video directors, videographers, photographers, designers etc . . .)
- Update basic web (html) and social media
- Develop creative content including music videos, web campaigns, and other promotional marketing assets with in-house/freelance designers, directors, editors, etc. . .
- Oversee playlisting strategies and analysis of streaming data
- Develop marketing partnerships to align label and artists with brands and their music programs
- Develop and maintain relationships with partners outside of the traditional music retail sphere, including new media platforms, brand partnerships and lifestyle marketing.
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, HTML. Basic video editing skills a plus.
- Contacts in music and related industries including press, radio, booking agencies, brands, tastemakers, etc . . .
- Contacts in the creative services (e.g. video directors, videographers, photographers, designers etc . . .)
- Resourceful at working within independent label budgets
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Health Insurance
- 401 K
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Days
Please email a cover letter, resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org