Stones Throw Records is seeking a full-time Licensing & Publishing Manager based in our Los Angeles office to manage sync licensing for the record label and publishing division as well as manage day-to-day publishing administration. This position will work closely with members of the label’s A&R and finance/business affairs teams. The ideal candidate is an outgoing and self-motivated individual with 2+ years music business experience in sync licensing and/or music publishing. Familiarity with the label, our fanbase and our artists’ music is key. Ability to stay organized, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and work under deadline is a must.
For consideration, please send a resume with a cover letter to [email protected].
ABOUT STONES THROW
Stones Throw Records is an independent record label founded in 1996 by DJ Peanut Butter Wolf with offices in Los Angeles and London. Known for a richly diverse roster, past touchstone releases include albums by Madvillain, J Dilla, Madlib, Mayer Hawthorne, Dam-Funk and Aloe Blacc. The current roster includes artists such as Sudan Archives, Mild High Club, Knxwledge, Mndsgn, Benny Sings, NxWorries (Anderson .Paak & Knxwledge), Automatic, Jerry Paper, John Carroll Kirby, Kiefer and Los Retros. The expanding publishing roster includes many of the writers releasing music on the record label as well as writers unaffiliated with the label.
- Compile writer names, splits, publishing entities, and PROs for Stones Throw published releases
- Register Stones Throw published works with PROs (ASCAP, BMI)
- Compile incoming publishing statements in Excel for royalty processing
- Field incoming license requests including verifying rights, seeking artist and writer approvals and providing quotes
- Pitch Stones Throw’s master catalog and represented publishing works for master and sync licensing and creatively respond to briefs from music supervisors
- Maintain and expand relationships with music supervisors and within the music publishing and A&R community
- Research rights owners (record label and publisher) for sample clearance
- Minimum 2 years experience at a record label, music supervision shop, music publishing house or equivalent professional background
- Experience compiling and summarizing data in Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, etc)
- A working understanding and interest in copyright
- Familiarity and ear for current trends in music supervision and knack for finding replacement ideas
Not required but a plus:
- Network with music supervisors and A&R communities
- Familiarity with registering works with ASCAP and BMI
- Familiarity with Disco, Mailchimp
Education: College Degree Required
- Paid Health Insurance
- 401 K Matching
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
Stones Throw is an equal opportunity employer, embraces diversity and is committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favorably on grounds of their sex, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.