Stones Throw is seeking a full-time in-house Publicist. Ideal candidate is a self-motivated and well-connected creative individual with 2+ years music business experience in public relations.
Familiarity with the label, our fan base and our artists’ music as well as a general passion for music is essential. The ability to stay organized, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and prioritize a heavy workload independently in a busy work environment is a must. Candidate should also have experience with relevant and emerging media outlets, digital platforms and culture. Existing relationships in the media landscape are essential. Experience in radio promotions is a plus.
- Develop and implement press and promo strategies alongside project managers
- Work closely with artists, artist management, project managers and executive staff
- Commission assets such as photo shoots
- Write artist bios, press releases, and other press materials
- Commission and oversee external publicists to plan press and radio campaigns that are hired out of house.
- Pitching for coverage across print, online, radio, TV and new media for in-house campaigns
- Create press and radio reports and sharing them internally and externally
- Attend live shows and other performances and promo events
- Attend video shoots, photoshoots, etc.
- Coordinate press and radio opportunities around tours and throughout campaigns
Skills & experience
- Genuine passion for and knowledge of Stones Throw’s catalogue and current roster
- At least two years of experience in music publicity and/or radio promotions
- Good knowledge of the media landscape with extensive contacts and good relationships with writers, editors, publishers, TV bookers, photographers, etc.
- Good time management skills, with the ability to prioritize own workload
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Essential: MS Office and Google Apps. Knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator could be useful.
- Resourceful at working with independent label budget
- Attention to detail is a must
Salary: Competitive. Position is based in Los Angeles at label headquarters.
- Health Insurance
- 401 K
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Days
Please send a resume and short covering letter saying why you would be suitable for the role to email@example.com with “In-House Publicist” in the subject line. The deadline is 5pm on 31 December 2017.