Stones Throw Records is seeking a full-time Digital Marketing Coordinator, based in our Los Angeles office. This position will assist the marketing team with digital streaming strategies. Ideal candidate will have 1-2+ years music business experience with emphasis in digital and streaming ecosystem. Familiarity with the label’s voice, ethos, fan base and our artists’ music is essential.
For consideration, please send a resume with a cover letter to [email protected].
ABOUT STONES THROW
Stones Throw Records is an independent record label founded in 1996 by DJ Peanut Butter Wolf with offices in Los Angeles and London. Known for a richly diverse roster, past touchstone releases include albums by Madvillain, J Dilla, Madlib, Mayer Hawthorne, Dam-Funk and Aloe Blacc . The current roster includes artists such as Sudan Archives, Mild High Club, Knxwledge, Mndsgn, Benny Sings, NxWorries (Anderson. Paak & Knxwledge), Automatic, Jerry Paper, John Carroll Kirby, Kiefer and Los Retros.
- Work across all album campaigns, providing key day-to-day support to the sales & marketing team.
- Assist with compiling engaging pitches to global DSPs, including Spotify, Apple, YouTube, Amazon, TIDAL, Pandora & more.
- Manage Stones Throw catalogue on YouTube via YouTube Content Management System, including Content ID claims, channel optimization, creative ideas, organizing catalogue into playlists, etc.
- Actively work on marketing campaigns and strategize on all releases with an eye towards digital sales.
- Compile and analyze key data and insights across artists’ DSP, social media, and other digital presence.
- Coordinate and manage campaign assets, metadata and pitching information.
- Monitor, advise and coordinate social media strategy for artists on the label.
- Assist with creation and implementation of digital advertising campaigns.
- Ensure artist profiles are kept up to date on key DSPs such as Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, Amazon and more.
- Proactively monitor and stay on top of trends in the digital marketing and digital sales space.
- Liaise with artists and managers on digital strategy.
Skill & Experience:
- 1-2+ years professional experience at record label or equivalent with focus in digital marketing and streaming
- Experience with YouTube Content Management System
- Strong organizational skills with ability to thrive in high-paced work environment, multi-task and prioritize
- Intimate knowledge of DSP platforms
- Knowledge of analytic tools available on social platforms and ability to pull insights out of available data.
- Design experience a plus
Education: College Degree Required
- Paid Health Insurance
- 401 K Matching
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Days
Stones Throw is an equal opportunity employer, embraces diversity and is committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favorably on grounds of their sex, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.