Stem exists to help artists navigate the business behind their music. We reduce complexity, create clarity, and provide more opportunities for artists to exercise control over their finances. The artists and labels on our platform have clear visibility into their royalty income, and our insights enable them to decide for themselves how their hard-earned dollars flow. They can easily manage splits with their collaborators or access artist-friendly advances that scale their operations with no strings attached.
We’re building the modern financial platform for the music industry, and we’re looking for a Product Marketing Manager to help.
About Product Marketing at Stem:
Stem’s Marketing team brings our brand to life by shaping our visual identity, sharpening our voice, and finding our audience, and communicating our values everywhere we show up in the world.
Product Marketing is a critical function in our product development and release process. We partner closely with the Product and Design teams to interpret customer and market data to refine our perspective and determine the best ways for Stem to add value. Product Marketing drives the value proposition, pricing strategy, and develops a plan for customer acquisition and adoption. At launch, they lead the cross functional effort to identify our target audience and deliver the right messaging over the right channels.
As a Product Marketing Manager at Stem, you’ll investigate the challenges facing the music industry, and organize our entire team around the best ways for us to solve them. You’ll make a visible impact into how artists are able to make a living from their music, and how labels are able to support their creativity. You’ll also sharpen your skills in strategic thinking, project management, and leadership. You’ll be appreciated for your love of music and encouraged to share your knowledge of pop culture trends.
This role is the first dedicated Product Marketing hire for Stem, and will have additional opportunities to shape the function, impact our culture, and set the tone for how we grow the team.
This role is full-time and fully remote, with occasional in-person get-togethers in Los Angeles for which we cover travel / lodging for out-of-town employees.
Stem Disintermedia is led by a driven & collaborative team from diverse backgrounds, including senior professionals from Spotify, UTA, Hired, and Apple Music. Our group of investors and strategic advisors includes former COO of Venmo Michael Vaughan, Carta CEO Henry Ward, Quality Control Music (Cardi B, the Migos and Lil Yachty) co-founder and COO Kevin “Coach K” Lee, and QED Investors partner Frank Rotman. Our employees include musicians, parents, activists, artists, and more. We’re united by our shared values, commitment to exceptional partnership, and fierce belief in Stem’s mission.
What you’ll do:
- Provide strategic guidance on the positioning and value proposition of Stem’s product portfolio
- Lead the launch of new products and features while driving adoption among our customers
- Synthesize insights from proprietary user research, product analytics, and external data sources and deliver recommendations to Stem leadership
- Partner closely with product and engineering teams on developing new features through the alpha and beta phases
- Lead the marketing team in delivering impactful and creative campaigns to reach our business goals
- Support our client-facing teams with messaging and assets that tell a clear story of value
- Establish processes that enable cross-functional teams to work together effectively
- Become a champion for the independent artist and label community, advocating for their needs in all decisions
Our ideal candidate has:
- You have 3+ years of work experience as a Product Marketing Manager or equivalent experience.
- You have proven experience as a storyteller, delivering compelling narratives that drive user behavior.
- You’ve worked on a B2B product, targeting either Enterprise or SMBs, and you’re excited by the challenge of marketing to organizations.
- Bonus points if you’ve worked in media, entertainment, or another creative industry.
- You’ve led the launch of a product or major feature release, and you can point clearly to your impact and results.
- You can analyze data to generate insights and support or critique a business case.
- You have participated in user research initiatives, and you can work effectively with qualitative data.
- You have strong project management skills, and you’re comfortable designing and documenting new processes.
- You’re passionate about exploring new technologies and leading the charge into new business opportunities
- Don’t match every skill listed? Almost nobody does! Think you’re a good fit anyway? Please let us know.
- Competitive compensation package including equity for all full-time employees.
- We maintain salary brackets for all career tracks to ensure equitable salaries across the company.
- 100% premiums covered for employee medical, dental, and vision (60% for dependents)
- Company 401(k) match up to 4%.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Life insurance
- Student loan pay down program
- Excellent parental leave policies
**Stem is an equal opportunity employer, and more than that, actively strives to build and nurture a diverse, inclusive, and equitable team. We celebrate differences and screen for shared values rather than culture fit. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.**