Stem enables independent artists to build their businesses. Our tools empower indie musicians and their teams to distribute music, collect royalties from streaming platforms, pay their collaborators, and take out advances on their future earnings.
We are seeking a Manager, Artist & Label Operations to lead our growing Artist & Label representative team. The ideal candidate will possess a unique blend of artist-facing experience, customer support skills, knowledge of digital music distribution, and team management aptitude. Strong technical, organizational & communication skills are a huge plus. We highly value collaborative, meticulous, & empathetic team leaders.
This role is full-time and fully remote, with occasional in-person get-togethers in Los Angeles for which we cover travel / lodging for out-of-town employees.
Stem Disintermedia is led by a driven & collaborative team from diverse backgrounds, including senior professionals from UTA, PeerStreet, Hired, Apple Music, and FlashFunders. Our highly-strategic group of investors and senior advisors include former COO of Venmo Michael Vaughan, Acorns board member and former Wealthfront CEO Adam Nash, Carta CEO Henry Ward, Quality Control Music (Cardi B, the Migos and Lil Yachty) co-founder and COO Kevin “Coach K” Lee, Three Six Zero CEO Mark Gillespie, two-time NBC All-Star Baron Davis and WndrCo. Our employees include musicians, parents, activists, artists, and more – what unites us are our shared values, commitment to exceptional communication, and belief in Stem’s mission.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee a team of 5+ technical reps who manage the ingestion, assets, and metadata
- Resolve technical issues with releases
- Support artists in navigating the Stem platform
- Create and improve existing process
- Resolve escalated issues
- Onboard and train new team members
- Guide the overall organization of each team member’s client roster
- Manage roster of priority clients
Our ideal candidate has:
- 2+ years experience managing teams and / or in a leadership role
- Proficient understanding of digital music distribution
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Gsuite, and other tools
- Knowledge of Content Operations with relations to Digital Service Providers (DSP’s)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- At least 1 year of experience managing artist’s teams
- Ability to quickly learn technical solution
- Don’t match every skill listed? Almost nobody does! Think you’re a good fit anyway? Please let us know.
- Competitive compensation package including equity for all full-time employees. We maintain salary brackets for all career tracks to ensure equitable salaries across the company.
- 100% premiums covered for employee medical, dental, and vision (60% for dependents)
- Company 401(k) match up to 4%
- Unlimited paid time off
- Life insurance
- Student loan paydown program
- Excellent parental leave policies
**Stem is an equal opportunity employer, and more than that, actively strives to build and nurture a diverse, inclusive, and equitable team. We celebrate differences and screen for shared values rather than culture fit. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.**