Account Executive, Royalty Services
Stem exists to help artists navigate the business behind their music. We reduce complexity, create clarity, and provide more opportunities for artists to exercise control over their finances. The artists and labels on our platform have clear visibility into their royalty income, and our insights enable them to decide for themselves how their hard-earned dollars flow. They can easily manage splits with their collaborators or access artist-friendly advances that scale their operations with no strings attached.
Our growing Royalty Services team is solving the burden of royalty calculation for independent record labels and making it easier for artists to forecast, collect, and manage what they’re owed. We have years of experience building intuitive financial tools for artists and labels and now we’re applying that expertise to one of most tedious tasks in the music industry. When we’re done, labels will have more insight into their business, and artists will get paid on time. Trust us—it takes a lot of technology to make it sound so simple.
We’re seeking an Account Executive with a proven record of sales excellence, a passion for music, and an ability to make complex processes easy to understand. You’ll lead sales of our royalty services platform to independent record labels in North America and help us improve the lives of people who get paid from music.
This role is full-time and fully remote, with occasional in-person get-togethers for which we cover travel / lodging for out-of-town employees.
Stem Disintermedia is led by a driven & collaborative team from diverse backgrounds, including senior professionals from Spotify, UTA, Hired, and Apple Music. Our group of investors and strategic advisors includes former COO of Venmo Michael Vaughan, Carta CEO Henry Ward, Quality Control Music (Cardi B, the Migos and Lil Yachty) co-founder and COO Kevin “Coach K” Lee, and QED Investors partner Frank Rotman. Our employees include musicians, parents, activists, artists, and more. We’re united by our shared values, commitment to exceptional partnership, and fierce belief in Stem’s mission.
What you’ll do
- Source new deals with eligible independent labels who need a solution for royalty accounting and payments
- Act as a consultant to customers in order to thoroughly understand their needs and recommend the right solution
- Manage deals through contract and pricing negotiations in order to close business, while keeping the team updated on progress
- Work collaboratively with Royalty Specialists and the Product team to effectively onboard new customers and get them started
- Partner with Marketing on lead generation efforts and share feedback from prospects and customers
- Attend trainings and pipeline meetings as required
- Represent Stem at industry events and conferences
- Mentor future members of our sales team
- Help independent labels stay independent by bringing fintech to music!
Our ideal candidate has
- 4 or more years in a closing role selling SaaS technology
- Direct experience working in the music industry
- Comfortable working on new product lines and be entrepreneurial in building out new business
- The ability to plan for, organize, and run a meeting with external clients
- Competency working with data to tell a story and creating presentations that inspire action
- Successfully used marketing materials to deliver a consistent narrative
- Been a team player as well as a successful individual performer
It’s a bonus if you have:
- Can explain the specifics of how royalties are calculated
- Have sold directly to the finance teams of record labels
- Have worked on new product lines in a startup environment
- Technologies/Systems/Software we use:
- Google Workplace
- ZoomOther remote collaboration tools as needed
Don’t match every skill listed? Almost nobody does! Think you’re a good fit anyway? Please let us know.
- Competitive compensation package including equity for all full-time employees.
- We maintain salary brackets for all career tracks to ensure equitable salaries across the company.
- 100% premiums covered for employee medical, dental, and vision (60% for dependents)
- Company 401(k) match up to 4%.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Life insurance
- Student loan pay down program
- Excellent parental leave policies
**Stem is an equal opportunity employer, and more than that, actively strives to build and nurture a diverse, inclusive, and equitable team. We celebrate differences and screen for shared values rather than culture fit. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.**