Stem exists to help artists navigate the business behind their music. We reduce complexity, create clarity, and provide more opportunities for artists to exercise control over their finances. The artists and labels on our platform have clear visibility into their royalty income, and our insights enable them to decide for themselves how their hard-earned dollars flow. They can easily manage splits with their collaborators or access artist-friendly advances that scale their operations with no strings attached.
We’re building the modern financial platform for the music industry, and we’re looking for a Content Marketing Manager to help.
About Content Marketing at Stem:
Stem’s Marketing team brings our brand to life by shaping our visual identity, sharpening our voice, and finding our audience, and communicating our values everywhere we show up in the world.
Content Marketing is a critical part of our brand marketing strategy. We act as strategic storytellers, creating narratives that raise awareness for Stem in the market, shine a light on the needs of our customer base, and demonstrate the power of our solutions. Content Marketing works across channels like social, email, editorial, and video to deliver compelling messages that can reach our audience wherever they may be. They partner with the rest of the marketing to create campaigns that drive key metrics, and they support our client team with a regular drumbeat of awareness for Stem in the market.
As a Content Marketing Manager at Stem, you’ll take ownership of how our brand tells our story. You’ll develop a strategy for how we engage on different social media platforms and work with a designer to create the right assets. You’ll author content for our blog, and edit the work of freelance writers on other long-form editorial projects. You’ll script and storyboard animations and video content for product launches, and you’ll craft emails that deliver valuable insights to our customers.
This role is the first Content Marketing Manager for Stem, and will have additional opportunities to shape the function, impact our culture, and set the tone for how we grow the team.
This role is full-time and fully remote, with occasional in-person get-togethers in Los Angeles for which we cover travel / lodging for out-of-town employees.
Stem Disintermedia is led by a driven & collaborative team from diverse backgrounds, including senior professionals from Spotify, UTA, Hired, and Apple Music. Our group of investors and strategic advisors includes former COO of Venmo Michael Vaughan, Carta CEO Henry Ward, Quality Control Music (Cardi B, the Migos and Lil Yachty) co-founder and COO Kevin “Coach K” Lee, and QED Investors partner Frank Rotman. Our employees include musicians, parents, activists, artists, and more. We’re united by our shared values, commitment to exceptional partnership, and fierce belief in Stem’s mission.
What you’ll do:
- Define audiences and build a messaging strategy to reach them across multiple channels including social media, our blog, and email
- Manage an editorial calendar that supports our product roadmap and other business initiative
- Recruit, manage, and edit freelance writers, designers, and creatives to aid in the production of larger scale works
- Propose a methodology for measuring impact and partner with an analytics team to create reports
- Partner with insights teams to create research reports for an internal audience
- Stay current with industry trends and recommend ways for Stem to participate
- Be the champion for our brand in public spaces and advocate for high-quality creative work in all arenas
Our ideal candidate has:
- You have 3+ years of work experience in Content Marketing, Social Media, Brand Marketing or a related field.
- You have proven experience as a creative, delivering compelling work that starts conversations and drives behavior.
- You’ve created content for B2B marketing efforts and you’re excited by the opportunity to speak to a business audience. Bonus points if
- You’ve worked in media, entertainment, or another creative industry.
- You can write a brief that gets creative teams fired up and moving in the right direction.
- You have a network of creative professionals you can call on for projects.
- You have strong project management skills.
- You’re just as comfortable in strategic conversations as you are producing work.
- Don’t match every skill listed? Almost nobody does! Think you’re a good fit anyway? Please let us know.
- Competitive compensation package including equity for all full-time employees.
- We maintain salary brackets for all career tracks to ensure equitable salaries across the company.
- 100% premiums covered for employee medical, dental, and vision (60% for dependents)
- Company 401(k) match up to 4%.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Life insurance
- Student loan pay down program
- Excellent parental leave policies
**Stem is an equal opportunity employer, and more than that, actively strives to build and nurture a diverse, inclusive, and equitable team. We celebrate differences and screen for shared values rather than culture fit. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.**