Stem exists to help artists navigate the business behind their music. We reduce complexity, create clarity, and provide more opportunities for artists to exercise control over their finances. The artists and labels on our platform have clear visibility into their royalty income, and our insights enable them to decide for themselves how their hard-earned dollars flow. They can easily manage splits with their collaborators or access artist-friendly advances that scale their operations with no strings attached.
Stem is seeking an Artist & Label International Commerce Coordinator to join our growing Artist & Label Relations team. As the Artist & Label International Commerce Coordinator at Stem, you will be tasked with securing editorial & marketing opportunities for Stem’s diverse roster of distributed artists & labels, with an emphasis on key ex-US markets. You will cultivate relationships with DSP gatekeepers, and maintain an awareness of all existing & new growth opportunities within the international streaming landscape. You will report to the Director of Artist & Label Commerce & Partnerships, with whom, alongside Stem’s Artist & Label Strategy team, you will work to build streaming campaigns to build audience and awareness for our repertoire.
The Artist & Label International Commerce Coordinator will also be responsible for certain administrative responsibilities including using Stem’s internal mechanism to collect & organize pitch assets, and compiling & communicating placements & data to key stakeholders. The role will require interaction with artists, labels, and managers at various stages in their career and various levels of seniority.
The ideal candidate will possess an ability to multitask, meticulous attention to detail, superlative writing skills, and an understanding of international music markets with existing relationships in select markets. This candidate will also have an enthusiasm for Stem’s artists and ethos, and will demonstrate a knowledge of and passion for music.
This role is full-time and fully remote, with occasional in-person get-togethers in Los Angeles for which we cover travel / lodging for out-of-town employees.
Stem Disintermedia is led by a driven & collaborative team from diverse backgrounds, including senior professionals from UTA, PeerStreet, Hired, Apple Music, and FlashFunders. Our highly-strategic group of investors and senior advisors include former COO of Venmo Michael Vaughan, Acorns board member and former Wealthfront CEO Adam Nash, Carta CEO Henry Ward, QED Co-founder Adams Conrad, Quality Control Music (Cardi B, the Migos and Lil Yachty) co-founder and COO Kevin “Coach K” Lee, Three Six Zero CEO Mark Gillespie, two-time NBC All-Star Baron Davis and WndrCo. Our employees include musicians, parents, activists, artists, and more – what unites us are our shared values, commitment to exceptional communication, and belief in Stem’s mission.
What you’ll do:
- Work with Artist & Label Reps and Strategy team to set commercial goals, build streaming campaigns, and manage artist expectations
- Work with distributed artists & labels to ensure best practices are followed across platforms
- Develop & cultivate relationships with international streaming partner
- Assist in crafting pitches for all major platforms each week
- Assist with compiling & distributing placements to key stakeholders each week.
- Help independent musicians stay independent, by bringing fintech to music!
Our ideal candidate has:
- 2 or more years of commerce experience working at a record label, management company, distribution, or DSP with a preference on Global
- Existing relationships with streaming partners in international markets
- A general knowledge of music discovery & marketing opportunities across all major streaming platforms
- An ability to manage internal tools and partner backend interfaces (Spotify for Artists, itunesconnect, etc)
- Fluency in MS Excel/Word and G Suite (especially Google Sheets)
- Experience writing promotional material for artists or entertainers for a distributor, label, management company, or publisher
- Pop culture acume
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and balance priorities
- Strong attention to detail with time management skills & follow-through
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze data and communicate performance updates on Stem releases both internally and externally
It’s a bonus if you have:
- Proficiency in relevant languages (ie Spanish, German, Mandarin, Korean) a plus
- Technologies/Systems/Software we use:
- Google Sheets/Excel
- Spotify cms + Spotify for Artists
- Amazon Music for Artists
- Youtube CMS
- Don’t match every skill listed? Almost nobody does! Think you’re a good fit anyway? Please let us know.
- Competitive compensation package including equity for all full-time employees.
- We maintain salary brackets for all career tracks to ensure equitable salaries across the company.
- 100% premiums covered for employee medical, dental, and vision (60% for dependents)
- Company 401(k) match up to 4%.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Life insurance
- Student loan pay down program
- Excellent parental leave policies
**Stem is an equal opportunity employer, and more than that, actively strives to build and nurture a diverse, inclusive, and equitable team. We celebrate differences and screen for shared values rather than culture fit. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.**