Come As You Are.
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
*BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’.
Sr. Director, Digital Business Development- Apple Music
Join our dynamic Business Development team as an experienced Senior Director of Digital Business Development for Apple Music. In this role, you will serve as the internal and external representative for the Apple Music global key account. You’ll foster strategic partnerships with the platform, drive business growth through leading all related initiatives across BMG’s recorded and publishing licensing, and be the expert on product features and monetization opportunities, collaborating with our global Apple Music team and senior digital management.
What you’ll be doing
- Act as primary point of contact for the Apple Music key account, build strong relationships with platform representatives, and negotiate favorable terms and conditions that align with BMG’s business objectives.
- Drive revenue growth by optimizing monetization strategies for the Apple Music key account.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities within the platform and the wider digital music sector. Provide insights and recommendations on competing platforms and industry developments.
- Utilize data analytics and reporting tools to track performance metrics, monitor account health, and identify growth opportunities.
- Define and setup KPI’s, generate regular reports on key account performance and report performance to senior management.
- Collaborate closely with internal teams and provide guidance to ensure alignment of goals and successful implementation of partnership initiatives.
- Extensive experience in business development or key account management within the music, technology, or content industry, preferably with a focus on digital platforms and streaming services.
- Strong understanding of the digital music landscape, including streaming platforms, digital distribution, licensing, and revenue models for social media, AR/VR, gaming, and ad-supported media.
- Proven track record in managing key accounts and building strong relationships with digital platforms, streaming services, and industry partners.
- Familiarity with current trends and challenges in the music industry.
- Ability to drive mutually beneficial agreements with strategic partners.
- Degree in business, analytics, product, music, or creative industries.
- Results-oriented, with the ability to provide ownership, work independently, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strategic and analytical thinker, capable of identifying market opportunities and effective business development strategies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, fostering strong relationships and collaborations with internal and external stakeholders.
- Outstanding team player, with a proven ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
What’s In It For You
- Enjoy flexibility with our hybrid setup: 3 days in office, 2 days remote.
- Experience peace of mind knowing that our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage has got you covered.
- Maximize your savings with our dollar-for-dollar 401(k) match of up to 6% after your first year.
- Say goodbye to accruing vacation days or hitting a cap; take time off when you need it with our flexible time off policy!
- Save money and time with our commuter benefits program.
- Stay healthy and earn financial rewards with our fitness reimbursement program and wellness incentives.
- Find your inner peace and boost your mental wellbeing with a complimentary subscription to the popular meditation app, Headspace.
- Access well-being support 24/7 through our Employee Assistance Program.
- Kick off your weekends early with Summer Fridays.
- Unlock your potential with development opportunities, including mentorship programs and LinkedIn Learning.
- Be inspired by our talented artists at our showcases and playbacks.
$100,000 – 130,000 per annum
The pay range listed above is dependent upon factors such as work experience, qualifications and business needs. In addition to the range above, this role is eligible for a discretionary annual bonus and applicable benefits.
Are you interested? Follow the link to apply!
We are an E-Verify employer. For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
BMG – est. 2008 – is the world’s fourth-biggest music company, the first new global player in the music business of the streaming age, and a record label and music publisher in one. Named in 2020 one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG’s 20 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over three million songs and recordings, including many of the most renowned and successful catalogs in popular music history.
BMG’s fresh approach includes production music, films, books, artist management, merchandise, neighboring rights, and live as well as music publishing and recordings off the same service platform. BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with. www.bmg.com
Company: BMG Rights Management (US) LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York
Postal Code: 10016
Job ID: 261343
Date: Jun 20, 2023
Location: New York, NY, US, 10016