Spotify Studios is looking for a senior development executive to oversee our exclusive content strategy for the Sports category.
In this role, you will oversee Spotify’s sports content portfolio and a dedicated creative team. You will source, develop and produce premium audio series that engage existing and growth audiences, with an eye toward establishing Spotify’s presence and voice in the category.
The right candidate has extensive experience across development, production and talent relations, and crucially will bring a clear point of view to as to translating that experience into impactful audio formats.
This role is based in Los Angeles or New York and reports to the Head of Creative Development, Spotify Studios.
What you’ll do:
- Shape Spotify’s exclusive content strategy for the sports vertical with a specific focus on podcasts
- Lead the team accountable for execution of that strategy, consisting of both direct reports and dedicated resources from stakeholder teams
- Manage budget toward impact on clear KPIs as the executive ultimately accountable for the success of the category
- Develop content and content brands that map to Spotify’s core demographic and cultural targets
- Build and maintain Spotify’s external relationships across all facets of the sports community
- Prospect for acquisitions, surfacing a mix of opportunities from the clear to the unexpected
- Participate as a key stakeholder in contract negotiation, ensuring that our agreements effectively support creative and functional requirements
- Work cross-functionally to establish Spotify’s presence in the sports space, to include brand, social channels and content offering
- Evaluate future extensions of the portfolio, from film & TV to live to international formats
Who you are:
- 12+ years experience in the sports field in a variety of creative capacities spanning development and production
- BA or BS
- Well versed in the players in and movements of the sports content landscape, with established relationships with talent, studios, agencies and producers
- Demonstrated aptitude for audio storytelling with a passion for innovating within the medium
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; adept in tailoring communication across a wide range of internal and external audiences
- Ability to work cross-functionally with internal teams, managing through a combination of authority and influence
- Devoted people manager, enthusiastic about directing creative thinkers toward their best work, building teams and carving out opportunities for career growth
- At ease in emerging and ambiguous environments