Spotify Studios is the team that oversees all relationships, development, and production associated with podcasts. We are looking for a Strategist to support our podcast focus markets as we scale our podcasting efforts across the globe.
This is a broad remit which offers the opportunity to work across markets, connecting our global strategy to local execution.
The role encompasses multiple aspects of our content business. Primarily, you’ll be supporting and guiding international teams to set their strategic priorities, find the most suitable business proposition for the market, and track progress against key metrics.
The right candidate is passionate about podcasts, has an appreciation for localised business strategy, and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with international teams. This role is based in London and reports to the Global Lead, Spotify Studios.
What you’ll do;
- Lead on developing Spotify’s podcast business strategy for markets around the world
- Analyze content trends/insights work and translate them into clear and actionable insights to inform market level strategies
- Formalise guidelines for acquisitions, original production and creator outreach
- Work with the Content Insights and Analytics team to create relevant thought leadership for teams to take action from
- Give feedback to Studios Leads on strategic approach and market performance
- Leverage global learnings and best practice, advocating for their implementation and roll-out
- Identify and monitor the key market and competitive trends
Who you are;
- 3+ years experience with a strategic background in content/audience development.
- Proficiency in multiple languages is a bonus
- Familiarity with international content landscape
- Ability to turn data-backed insights into meaningful recommendations
- Love of podcasts and audio storytelling
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent ability to build relationships with multiple functions and regions at all levels of the organization
- Ability to prioritize and handle several projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment while adhering to shifting deadlines
- You are based in London and available to travel ~20% of the time
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.