Spotify is seeking an exceptional candidate to join our licensing team in Los Angeles to help support our original content team.
Our Senior Licensing Manager’s primary focus will be to assist the Head of Original Content Licensing to evaluate, structure, negotiate and execute content licensing transactions, with a particular focus on our podcast initiatives. The Senior Licensing Manager will work closely with creative, marketing, and advertising executives to manage a slate of podcast deals, and to support Spotify’s short and long term original content goals.
Our new hire will also help with ongoing strategy development, communicate with key stakeholders and help operationalize new deals. The ideal candidate will have a background in the entertainment and/or digital content industries, with a proven track record of negotiating content development, production, talent services, and licensing agreements. Television business affairs or legal experience is a plus.
What you’ll do
- You will structure and negotiate content acquisition deals with talent and studios, with a focus on original and exclusive podcast licensing.
- You will support licensing negotiations for global deals by analyzing performance of existing deals, potential of new deals and providing key data to build arguments around deal renewals
- You will collaborate with key members of the Spotify Studio team on content strategy, product and other experiences designed to evolve and grow Spotify’s Original Content offerings
- You will work closely with internal teams including Finance, Insights, Legal, and Growth to help advise on deal structures & performance.
- You will collaborate with internal teams including, product, reporting and marketing to implement all deal terms
Who you are
- You have received your BA/BS (JD is a plus) and have a minimum of five 5-7 years of legal, business affairs or content licensing experience within a similar environment.
- You are familiar with legal and business issues relating to the development, production, and distribution of content. Television experience is a plus.
- You have experience in the tech and media sector
- You are a highly self motivated individual, comfortable in dynamic environments and rapidly evolving business models.
- You are skilled at crafting and implementing and organizing deal pipeline processes.
- You have demonstrated good negotiation and interpersonal skills, and have worked well in business environments with multiple stakeholders.
- You understand financial models and are able to craft and deliver presentations in Powerpoint and Keynote
- You are well organized with the ability to plan and deliver on tight deadlines with attention to detail
- You are highly adaptable and are willing to adapt your role as the business grows and needs change
- You are willing to travel as needed
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music