As Senior Counsel and part of Spotify’s Business and Legal Affairs team, you will counsel and provide legal support to our Latin American content and distribution teams on a variety of matters, with a focus on structuring, negotiating, and drafting agreements related to the development, production, acquisition, and/or distribution of podcast content.
You should be extremely comfortable negotiating and drafting in Spanish (Portuguese a plus) and have a deep understanding of the region’s business and legal considerations. You will serve as the region’s day-to-day legal point, including providing support to various business stakeholders around the region. Spotify’s content efforts are cutting edge and ever-evolving, so we’re looking for an innovative, progressive, and proactive problem-solver who thrives and embraces a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do:
- Draft and negotiate all forms of rights acquisition, production, and distribution agreements.
- Provide day-to-day production legal support that includes, but is not limited to, business, creative and risk assessments, production oversight, advising on clearances.
- Assist and support product and content operations teams in connection with product enhancements.
Who you are:
- Law Degree from top-tier law school.
- Member of the Florida Bar or eligible to practice in Florida pursuant to Florida’s in-house counsel registration requirements.
- At least 9+ years of experience working in a top-tier entertainment law firm and/or in-house legal department at a major TV, Film, or Podcast studio, network, or production company.
- Expertise in multifaceted content development/production from short-form to features.
- Excellent analytical and written/oral communication skills.
- Creative problem solver.
- Team-player, self-motivated, and able to work independently.
- Possess excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understanding of music clearances a plus.
- Position to be based in Miami.