Spotify’s mission is to ‘unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by those creators’.
We are looking for a passionate experienced creative to join our Global Creative Solutions team. Creative Solutions is a global group of thoughtful innovators who solve client problems in uniquely Spotify ways. We are strategists, creatives, story tellers, designers, writers, producers, musicians, music fans, data detectives, and innovators. Our mission is to engage, inspire, and guide brands with data fueled creativity.
The ideal candidate is a dynamic but thoughtful innovator who solves brand challenges with Spotify creativity. This individual will be responsible for developing proactive creative ideas and concepts that are designed to drive advertising revenue, while working closely with creative strategists to manage key deliverables year round.
The role is based in New York but travel to major markets is a possibility when creating culturally relevant creative that is inspirational and actionable for Spotify sales teams to sell in local markets.
Collaboration is a key value at Spotify, and this individual must partner closely with various Spotify teams in each market to develop creative solutions that sell. This role, based in New York, reports to the strategy lead for global accounts in NY, USA.
What you’ll do
- Be a champion of Spotify for Creatives, using it to guide the creative community & foster new creative thinking.
- Develop innovative audio first ideas that forge a new path in what audio creativity is
- Put our money where your mouth is, by working closely with in house producers to bring your ideas to life on and off the Spotify platform
- Work closely with product engineers to consider new creative opportunities in the development of new ad products, particularly in digital audio
- Develop creative guidelines, best, and “next” practices for creative on Spotify, with a special focus on audio products and innovation
- Be an inspiring writer that can jump in the studio and record VO to bring your copy to life
- Inspire creatives with tips, tricks, and strategies for advertising on Spotify.
- Work closely with the global strategy team to develop ideas for workshops with top Spotify partners and advertisers.
- Work closely with global strategists to develop materials for interactive workshops
- Express a consistent, credible editorial voice for Spotify throughout all output; interpret brand partners’ objectives and carve out meaningful places to serve these objectives
Who you are
- You have 6-8 years of experience developing and pitching world-class creative concepts within editorial, agency, or branded content fields
- You have a global approach to creative development, with consideration for content that works across markets, cultures, and audiences
- You are a pro copywriter, comfortable drafting from scratch as well as editing or punching up work from other contributors
- You have a strong portfolio of work that has used audio and/or music
- You are a pro in design tools; eg Photoshop.
- You are a pro in audio tools; e.g. ProTools.
- You exhibit curiosity, proactively solve problems, and get things done
- You are able to manage your own time, stakeholders, and accountabilities in a collaborative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Act as creative expert in internal, client- and industry-facing meetings and events
- You’re excited by audio, and particularly digital audio’s opportunity for creativity.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 258 million users.