We are looking for a broadly experienced Sr. Editor/Music Programmer to join Spotify’s Shows & Editorial team in New York. You will identify and curate first rate music playlist listening experiences for a multitude of our moods, moments, and genres. You demonstrate a passion for performance-oriented analytics, and will have your ear to the ground in the music community. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Identify and substantiate playlist and content hypotheses.
- Play a senior editorial role in the Music Culture strategy for the US.
- Present and follow up on strategic and creative projects and bets within the US.
- Road Manage strategic bets within Shows & Editorial (S&E) and represent S&E in cross-functional bets within the Company, for the US.
- Curate for a large number of varied playlists; our playlist-brands and shows.
- Analyze analytics and performance indicators of your own work.
- Work closely with the Creative Director Urban, and the local and global S&E teams as well as other cross-functional teams, to progress towards various content objectives, both globally and in your market.
- Work with the Global Editorial Team and cross-functional teams to progress towards various content objectives.
- Work from our office in New York City.
Who you are
- 5+ years of experience in the music industry, programming music for TV, radio, or other media networks, where connecting and serving audiences with artists, creators and music in today’s music landscape has been an integral part of your job and missions.
- You have a deep knowledge of music and culture especially hip hop, with a focus on the US and its music marketplace.
- You possess a perfect level of written and spoken English and you’re also able to demonstrate a strong understanding of – and experience with – Spotify as a user and fan.
- You are also able to lean on a good reputation and a strong network within the US music and entertainment industry.
- You care about attention to detail and organization, have a team spirit, strong work ethic, and a friendly, warm attitude.
- You have a story that demonstrates your passion for music that you can tell us about!
- We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.