At Spotify, we’re focused on providing the right music for every moment. We’ve connected millions of people to their favorite songs and created a service that people use to discover and share music they love.
We seek an outstanding professional to join our global Publishing Services team. You will develop, build and maintain Spotify’s suite of services for the publishers, PROs and collecting societies across our 79 territories with a primary focus on the European market. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Identify, analyse, and execute opportunities to drive growth for both Spotify and the publishing industry.
- Develop tools and services for Spotify to offer across the business and admin sides of publishing.
- Provide business strategy, framework, guidance, and insights to different areas of the internal publishing program.
- Optimize existing product initiatives and support new areas of exploration in publishing.
- Maintain, develop and grow Spotify’s partnerships with publishers, PROs, societies and industry bodies.
- Maintain active dialogue with partners.
- Communicate across internal stakeholders on behalf of publishers, societies and other industry bodies to maximize the value and performance of these partnerships.
- Educate and advocate on behalf of Spotify to publishers, societies and the publishing community
- Troubleshoot and manage key relationships.
- Work cross-functionally with licensing/legal, Creator R&D, artist & label services, original content, marketing, and finance.
Who you are
- At least five (5+) years of experience working with publishers, PROs/Collecting Societies and/or songwriters. You have knowledge of digital music and streaming; key stakeholders, business models, market dynamics and opportunities.
- You have a deep understanding of music publishing, from creative development to digital music rights and digital copyright administration.
- You are experienced at working across different cultures and timezones.
- You have a deep understanding of European music publishing and digital music rights.
- You have the ability to succeed in an entrepreneurial R&D environment.
- You are digitally adept and comfortable learning new software and applications.
- You are a confident and articulate presenter, both to small and large audiences.
- You have a history of self-motivated performance with the ability and tenacity to execute.
- You are a team player who recognizes that we are scaling fast and can listen to and voice viewpoints internally.
- You have a high level of comfort interfacing with all levels of management (externally and internally) and to communicate cross-functionally in a structured and clear manner to influence outcomes.
- You have a good network of contacts in the publishing, songwriting and society worlds
- You are fluent in both written and spoken English. Fluency in a second western language is also desired.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.