Publishing Relations Manager
We seek an outstanding publishing relations manager to join our global music publishing team. You will develop, build and maintain Spotify’s relationships with the publishing industry across the world, creating opportunities for partnership and creative services. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Identify, analyse, and execute opportunities to drive growth for Spotify and the publishing industry.
- Develop creative services and tools for Spotify to provide to publishing companies.
- Provide business strategy, framework, guidance and insight to different areas of Spotify’s publishing program.
- Optimise existing product initiatives and support new areas of exploration in publishing.
- Maintain, develop and grow Spotify’s partnerships with publishers and industry bodies.
- Communicate across internal stakeholders on behalf of publishers, societies and other industry bodies to maximize the value and performance of these partnerships.
- Educate and advocate on behalf of Spotify to publishers, societies and the publishing community.
- Troubleshoot and manage key relationships to maintain active dialogue with partners.
- Work cross-functionally with licensing, legal, Creator R&D, artist & label services, original content, editorial, marketing, and finance.
Who you are
- At least six (6) years of experience working with publishers, PROs/Collecting Societies and/or songwriters. You have knowledge of digital music and streaming; key stakeholders, business models, market dynamics and opportunities.
- You have a deep understanding of music publishing, from creative development to digital music rights and copyright admin.
- You are experienced at working across different cultures and timezones.
- You have the ability to succeed in an entrepreneurial, ambiguous, R&D start-up environment.
- You are a confident and articulate presenter, both to small and large audiences.
- You have a history of self motivated performance with the ability and tenacity to execute.
- You have strong personal organization and project management abilities.
- You are a team player who recognizes that we are scaling fast, and can listen to and voice viewpoints internally.
- You have a high level of comfort interfacing with all levels of management (externally and internally) and to communicate cross-functionally in a structured and clear manner to influence outcomes.
- You have an excellent network of contacts in the publishing & songwriting worlds.
- You are fluent in both written and spoken English. Fluency in another language is a plus.