The Personalization team makes deciding what to play next easier and more enjoyable for every listener. From Daily Mix to Discover Weekly, we’re behind some of Spotify’s most-loved features. We built them by understanding the world of music and podcasts better than anyone else. Join us and you’ll keep millions of users listening by making great recommendations to each and every one of them.
We are looking for a passionate Product Manager to join our Mixer team. Spotify users enjoy listening to personalized playlists including Daily Mix, Discover Weekly and Radio — in this position you will be responsible for building platform capabilities that help users find the best content for them while helping Artist to increase their fan base.
As Product Manager, you will work with a cross-functional team from Design, User Research, Data Science, and Engineering to define the roadmap for the platform that matches Artist and Fans in a personalized and relevant way.
You will partner with stakeholders across our Mobile, Partner Platform, and Personalization teams as well as Marketing and Business Development.
What You’ll Do
- Build a roadmap for your team by understanding Listener, Artist and Spotify business needs, utilizing data insights and working closely with stakeholders
- Define metrics and KPI’s for the features that your team builds
- Prioritize new features based on user needs, Spotify short term and long term business goals and technical platform scalability
- Make sure that your team is strong and healthy – including capabilities, happiness, resilience and growth
Who You Are
- You want to change the music industry by helping artists to reach out to their fans and build connections with them. You want to make this happen at scale for millions of artists and fans.
- You have 3+ years of experience in building and shipping Platform Products together with teams of designers, engineers and data scientists, resulting in significant business impact
- You have built scalable ML technologies in the past. You understand the concepts in ML model training and testing. You are comfortable with explaining a business problem to an ML engineer and can simplify complex ML concepts for your non-engineer stakeholders.
- You are comfortable with making data based decisions and have experience in A/B tests, user research and data analysis
- You are passionate about bringing clarity into the product. Ambiguity doesn’t scare you
- You know how to inspire and motivate people to get things done
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 286 million users.