We are looking for an experienced product designer to join our Platform & Partner Experience team who are tasked with considering how to extend our core mobile experience across multiple contexts and device ecosystems, including native desktop, tablets, web player, automobiles, wearables, televisions, speakers, software integrations, and much more.
What you’ll do
- Be responsible for the design of Spotify’s Partner Platform Experiences; to deepen relationships between artists and fans by extending Spotify into the car via an embedded experience.
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams made up of representatives from engineering, product, product insights, and marketing, among others.
- You will help set the tone for our partnerships (Google, Amazon, GM, etc.) and advocate for quality when it comes to the Spotify experience as it is represented on external platforms.
- Take into account existing insights, technical constraints, business needs, driver distraction guidelines and specific platform demands to produce data-informed solutions.
- You’ll take full ownership of your work and total responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way, from whiteboard sketching to high-fidelity final treatments.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes, understanding when deeper exploration is warranted and when it is best to change paths and try another approach.
Who you are
- You have at least 7 years of experience designing at consumer-focused tech or media companies; experience designing in car is a plus
- You are comfortable working closely with teams from companies such as Google and Amazon.
- You’re happy to travel the world to collaborate with our international partners and can be flexible with your working hours.
- You are a talented designer with strong UX and visual design skills
- You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts. Also instrumental is the ability to speak confidently to your own design work and convince others of your reasoning.
- You have a people-focused design mentality and want to design and build products/features that truly have meaningful impact.
- You have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us. A link to your online portfolio, or a PDF, is required. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
- You are able to provide a brief explanation in your application of why you are excellent for this role, while highlighting your portfolio
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.