Gimlet Media tells stories through audio. Our roster of podcasts includes critically-acclaimed shows like Reply All, Crimetown, Homecoming, and The Nod.
We have top editorial, sales, and business teams that work together to create experiences that help listeners better understand each other and the world around them. We are looking for ambitious, curious, talented, and kind people to join our team.
We come from diverse backgrounds, brought together by the desire to create amazing experiences for listeners, and a shared belief in working hard, embracing creativity, and supporting one another. At Gimlet, good ideas matter more than titles. People who tackle problems with creative solutions, and who love the energy of a collaborative, team-oriented creative process thrive here. We’re proud to have recently joined the Spotify family with whom we share these values, and we’re thrilled to begin building production capacity on the West Coast.
We’re looking for an experienced producer to join our new show development team, based in Los Angeles.
This is an omnivorous, wide-ranging role that will be tasked to help create new concepts, new formats and bring new voices to audio. The successful candidate will be a capable producer with experience shaping new shows and switching between roles.
A new show development producer must be comfortable working on a wide variety of shows – from daily production to narrative documentary – and must switch between show formats with agility and enthusiasm.
You’ll be involved in writing, editing and mixing and be trusted to listen for qualities that will captivate listeners.
What You’ll Do
- Brainstorm, develop and shape concepts for new shows
- Collaborate, train and support Hosts and production staff in the development process
- Cut tape, assemble mixes and score episodes
- Plan field producing and reporting trips in collaboration with supervising producers
- Find, pre-interview, and book guests
- Arrange for studio recordings and tape syncs
- Write scripts
- Help grow and maintain the show’s social media presence
- Help out with basic show tasks, including posting the episodes to our CMS
What You’ll Bring
- A minimum of four years of experience producing audio for radio or podcast
- A journalism background
- An ability to listen to raw tape, and identify the perfect details, the need-to-know plot points, and the need-to-hear moments that make a story
- Experience scripting 15-20 minute audio stories
- Proficiency in field recording
- Proficiency in creating assemblies in ProTools
- An eye for detail and self-direction
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.