The Spotify Live Team within Creator Services is looking for a live music expert and live music producer to build off-platform experiences that connect music makers, fans and local scenes to bring the story of our global Latin music community to life.
You will work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to develop creative executions that amplify our programming as a live extension of our content offering.
You’ll build scalable solutions to maximize the success of these events and drive business. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music via Spotify.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate to produce live extensions (concerts, performances, events, installations) of our Latin playlist brands that amplify our programming and connect artists and fans.
- Along with our external co-promotion partners (i.e. LiveNation), directly lead the planning, production, and promotion of tours, with regard to the objectives of the Spotify brand and the content teams you’ll collaborate with.
- Work with Spotify’s editorial teams to identify talent, target markets, and deliver best representation of artist and fan communities.
- Work in step with internal talent booker, editorial genre leads, co-promotion partner to secure talent and all necessary riders/approvals.
- Oversee and manage the P&L process for all show related costs, working with our co-promoter for end of show settlements.
- Connect the dots to maximize cross-functional potential behind projects.
- Facilitate day of production for all tour stops on the ground.
- Take in multiple sources of inspiration, internally and externally, to creatively develop and produce models that allow teams in many territories to deliver the brand live to consumer audiences with consistency and scale – maintaining that same editorial vision.
- Work closely with internal, external and partner security teams.
- Think macro and long term, often in advance of the rest of the business. We operate in live music industry timelines, which require significant planning and artist commitments.
Who you are:
- Bilingual requirement, (must be fluent in Spanish and English).
- You have creatively developed and ran various live music programs and tours in multiple markets that you can tell us about, particularly for Latin music.
- You are well networked and have strong industry contacts and relations with talent and managers.
- You have experience with or a deep understanding of talent booking.
- You have a deep understanding of the global live music landscape, particularly the Latin genre, key players, production vendors, talent and experiential agencies and where short, a quick solution on where to find trusted information.
- You have a desire to create things that stand out in a very cluttered landscape.
- You keep your ear to the ground to follow cultural movements that bring a grounded perspective to the work.
- You are committed to authenticity in Latin music culture and will ensure the brand maintains its commitment to the artists, the scene, the music and the fan.
- You care about the fan because you are a fan. You seek and deliver experiences that aim to create lasting emotional memories for the creators and lovers of music.
The role requires a decent level of travel*
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.