We are looking for a broadly experienced Music Programmer to join Spotify’s curation/programming and editorial team in the UK.
You will identify and execute first-rate music playlist programming experiences for a multitude of moods, moments, and genres, demonstrating a passion for performance-oriented analytics, and will have your ear to the ground in the music community, focusing on the UK. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with the Senior Music Programmer for the UK and ultimately report to the Head Of UK Content Programming.
- Identify and substantiate playlist hypotheses, i.e. the perfect running playlist, music for a date night or a dinner with friends.
- Curate and maintain a large number of varied playlists.
- Analyze analytics and performance indicators of your own work.
- Work with the Global Editorial Team and cross-functional teams to progress towards various content objectives.
- Perform additional editorial tasks (interviews, articles etc.) around music and lifestyle topics and beyond to support our programming philosophy. This is likely to include capturing audio and/or video content.
- Contribute to developing Spotify’s strategy for the UK.
- Work from our office in London.
Who you are
- You have at least 3 years of experience in the music industry, programming music for radio, or other media networks, working with a broad range of music content.
- Ideally, you have audio and video production experience.
- You are also able to lean on an excellent reputation and a strong network within the UK music and music entertainment industry.
- You have a deep knowledge of music and culture, with a focus on the UK and a demonstrable understanding of the UK music business.
- You possess a perfect level of written and spoken English and you’re also able to demonstrate a strong understanding of – and experience with – Spotify as a user and fan.
- You care about attention to detail and organisation, have a team spirit, strong work ethic, and a friendly, warm attitude…we are a very close-knit family.
- You are creative, with experience of seeing ideas through to final execution and delivery.
- You have a story that demonstrates your passion for music that you can tell us about.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators.
This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.