We’re the Markets Business Unit, a truly cross-functional team focused on finding future listeners, wherever and whoever they may be.
We work collaboratively, combining marketing, insights, product development, design and engineering expertise to grow Spotify’s monthly active users in both new and existing markets across the globe. Join us and you’ll be part of a dynamic team taking acquisition, activation and business growth at Spotify to the next level.
We are looking for an experienced and versatile Marketing Manager that will drive the strategy and execution of marketing plans for Spotify in Canada.
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for increasing key brand health metrics (awareness, consideration, brand love) and delivering on key business objectives (user growth, retention).
The Marketing Manager must interpret market dynamics, consumer trends, and growth opportunities to make recommendations on the right use of Spotify’s investment and team effort, in a way that maximizes return for the brand.
This role will be on a 1-year fixed term contract and will report to the Head of Consumer Marketing, North America. The role will be based in our Toronto office.
What you’ll do
- Develop the Canada consumer marketing strategy, ensuring that all marketing efforts are linked to specific brand metrics and business targets
- Use data and insights to inform marketing priorities and guide investment decisions for Spotify in Canada
- Plan, execute and optimize best-in-class campaigns and marketing initiatives in close partnership with internal stakeholders and external agencies
- Create strategic alignment with cross-functional teams to ensure that marketing efforts are closely coordinated with other activities of the business
- Drive Spotify’s digital and social strategy for Canada across owned and paid channels
- Work closely with Media and Performance Marketing to build and maintain an effective consumer journey into the Free and Subscription services
- Ensure that all marketing feels culturally relevant to the Canada market (both English-speaking and French-speaking)
- Build relationships with marketing teams in other global markets, seeking opportunities to collaborate and share across borders
Who you are
- You are a versatile marketer with at least 7 years experience with a category leading brand that has played a role in shaping culture
- You have a proven record of success bringing global brands into the Canadian market
- You have deep knowledge of the Canadian consumer – including demographics, behaviors, and media habits
- You have led the development and execution of fully integrated marketing campaigns – across TV, Digital, and OOH media
- You have a high level of fluency in data and can identify winning insights You have experience in the full marketing lifecycle – including acquisition, retention, reactivation of consumers
- You easily collaborate with cross-functional partners and global counterpartsYou are comfortable in a fast-moving, constantly evolving environment and you have the maturity to bring stability to challenging situations
- You can work autonomously in an unstructured environment
- You bring a great attitude, with a passion for the Spotify brand and the ability to motivate and inspire those around you
- Fluency in French is a plus
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 286 million users.