At Spotify, we’re focused on providing the right music experience for every moment. We’ve connected millions of people to their favorite songs and created a service that they use to discover and share music they love. We’re currently live in 65 markets and are growing fast.
We are seeking an exceptional leader to set strategies for marketing partnerships that help bring Spotify to the forefront of the music listening experience. The Marketing Director Premium Partnerships will create beneficial relationships with industry and relevant cultural brands to extend our brand footprint in the mind of music lovers and drive the acquisition of new Spotify customers. Working with product marketing, subscription marketing, consumer marketing and business development they will aim to develop innovative and groundbreaking promotions This role will report into the VP Premium Brand & Marketing.
What you’ll do
- Through an understanding of business needs, initiate, structure and negotiate high-impact co-marketing campaigns that drive core business metrics
- Evaluate the partnership’s effectiveness throughout the funnel and develop strategies to optimize its performance
- Ensure campaigns are in-line with brand direction and meeting brand objectives
- Oversight of creative execution of co-marketing campaigns including partner managementDirect responsibility for overseeing and leveraging agency resources as needed
- Run point for marketing partnership opportunities, crafting a vision for them and integrating them across the organization to develop campaigns that touch all parts of Spotify’s business
- Cooperate with the right partners who can bring us to the forefront of culture and top of mind with our target audience
- Responsible for communicating the partner needs, determining objectives and success metrics and collaborating with internal divisions to ensure programs are developed and delivered on time and in budget
- Ensure continuous communication with local marketing regional teams as they develop programs to ensure they are on brand
- Be a trusted resource and create a center of excellence for best practices with partnerships across the Global Marketing organization
- Collaborate with teams within Spotify to manage the full funnel campaign activities
- Evangelize partnership programs internally to all key stakeholders.
Who you are
- 10+ years’ relevant work experience, including experience in partnership marketing, music, technology, lifestyle marketing and/or entertainment preferred
- Ability to influence and network with relevant contacts and able to leverage relationships in the music, design, art, entertainment and fashion industries.
- Able to develop and move projects forward with a high degree of independence and autonomy.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to mobilize and lead teams quickly and effectively.
- A thorough understanding of how to create and drive successful partnerships
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to develop and manage productive relationships with the global and regional marketing team.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and high energy environment and are comfortable with ambiguity
- Proven record of working in, and influencing a cross-functional team
- You are highly pre-emptive, proactive, and always take the initiative
- Experience developing and negotiating partnership deals and contracts
- Experience in developing briefs and managing agencies or vendors
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and presentation skills
- You are highly organized and detail-oriented