We are looking for a Manager, Revenue Operations to support the Order-to-Cash team with Revenue Accounting, Compliance Contract Review, and Accounts Receivable in EMEA.
The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter who thrives working in a dynamic environment. In return, we will offer you a challenging role in an exciting and fast-paced international organization where development opportunities are endless. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music. The ideal candidate will have at least 8+ years in finance and/or accounting with 4+ years focused on the advertising industry. The position is based in London, UK.
What you will do
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of the Company’s financials in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), Sarbanes-Oxley control requirements, and local regulatory guidelines
- Advise the Compliance outsourced team members in Manila on the global advertising contract review policies in accordance with the Company’s policies and IFRS.
- Support the global Accounts Receivable accounting close including the allowance for doubtful accounts calculations, ensuring accurate results are delivered on time for reporting in accordance with IFRS.
- Review trading agreements and related accruals during the revenue month-end close in accordance with IFRS
- Build effective relationships with the local sales team members to identify and resolve collections and revenue risks for EMEA.
- Work cross functionally with the Financial Engineering team to help drive key system initiatives and system improvements
- Advise the Order-to-Cash team on EMEA-specific billing requirements and business practices for the advertising industry.
- Identify areas for continuous improvement in the Order-to-Cash programs by reviewing company policies and advising management on possible risks.
- Responsible for leading the implementation of best practice, creating and communicating policies, and managing the daily operations, frameworks, and processes to cross functional teams in the EMEA regions to scale our global revenue operations and achieve key operational metrics.
- Other responsibilities include but are not limited to participate in special projects, system implementations and enhancements, or ad hoc analyses as assigned.
Who you are:
- Minimum of 8+ years finance and/or accounting experience in the Technology, Podcasting, Entertainment or Media industries
- Minimum of 4+ years in advertising revenue
- CPA license required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- SOX and local compliance knowledge for EMEA countries
- Experience with major ERP system required. Acceptable systems include Netsuite, Oracle or SAP.
- Proficient in excel, with prior experience building reports for revenue insights.
- Prior experience with reporting revenue and/or results to senior management required
- Prior experience with month end close required
- Able to work under time pressure, prioritize a high workload, and meet strict deadlines.
- Positive attitude and flexible to changing priorities, especially in the period of month/quarter/year-end closing.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.