We are looking for a highly creative and diligent Manager to join Spotify’s Creative Development, Music Strategy team. The Music Creative Development team is focused on driving a cohesive music storytelling strategy across Spotify’s existing and future content formats to drive consumer engagement with our Music content. In partnership with our production, distribution, and marketing teams, we bring content to life that helps build our Playlist Brands and Music Content Brands, while opening up new opportunities for our Artist Partners.
You will help develop compelling artist/playlist-anchored audio and visual content, as well as ensuring the distribution of this content across on and off platform surfaces. This role bridges Music, Talk/Studios, and Marketing. Immediately, this role will serve as a strategic partner and project manager on music-related video and podcasts.
What you’ll do
- Help craft and drive a cohesive music content strategy across Spotify’s owned on and off platform channels
- Project manage Music-centered audio and visual content initiatives in collaboration with our production and distribution teams
- In partnership with Music Editorial, establish the vision for original content extensions of our Playlist Brands to increase their engagement and cultural relevance
- Act as the liaison between Music Content and our production and distribution partners in Talk/Studios and Marketing
- Identify opportunities to program content into new products and features
- Stay ahead of trends in culture and content to ensure Spotify is on the forefront of Music discovery
- Identify, surface, and propose solutions for resourcing gaps that slow our momentum
- You will work out of our Los Angeles, CA office.
Who you are
- 5+ years related experience acting as a Project Manager or Creative Producer in a creatively driven environment (streaming service, publisher, production company)
- You have experience running multiple cross-functional projects simultaneously, and can easily communicate strategies, goals, and progress status in a compelling way to all levels of teammates and executives
- You are an extremely creative individual but are known for your ability to execute
- You are an insatiable consumer of culture and content, and always ahead of trends and what’s breaking the mold for storytelling around artists and brands
- Expert knowledge of content creation and production processes in audio and video, ideally within a Music storytelling environment
- Experience articulating creative intent to others and proactively organizing partners to bring ideas to fruition
- You think a few steps ahead, but are able to adjust to frequent changes in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, independent and dedicated, and willing to get hands-on solving any problems needing help to move forward.
- You can identify actionable insights into the content preferences, behavior and needs of our consumers
- Attention to detail and organization, have a strong work ethic and a friendly, warm demeanor.