This role will work with Spotify’s Content Communications team to plan and execute publicity campaigns for Spotify Studios programming.
Beginning with project development, through launch and onto long term audience growth efforts — this individual will work with Spotify Studios podcast creators, talent and their representatives on a daily basis. This job demands a creative spirit and well-organized mind for juggling and delivering on multiple campaigns across all genres.
For this role, you must be a strong writer and communicator. Experience managing overlapping show narratives, talent campaigns and trend story initiatives is also essential.
Does the idea of brainstorming publicity pitches and concepts from the moment you first learn about a series sound fun? Have you plotted out and prioritized the rhythm of a publicity campaign while sourcing content from multiple departments and stakeholders to deliver verifiable results?
Do you enjoy drafting announcements, debating just the right adjective for a positioning statement, and reading every study and trend piece on the podcast space the internet has to offer? Are you comfortable directly pitching press, researching and outlining messaging strategies, supporting awards campaigns? Do you relax by poring over press coverage to see how we can do it better the next time? If so, then please keep reading.
Success in this role requires a passion for supporting creators, executives and the innovative and growing Spotify Studios slate of podcasts. You should be familiar with global Spotify business priorities and how they ladder up to company objectives, as well as how to create understanding and connectivity within the company. You also need to be familiar with different global market needs in order to help localize best practices. Above all, your work will impact the way that the world understands and learns about Spotify’s ongoing efforts to grow the global audio ecosystem.
What You’ll Do
- Support multiple project publicity campaigns, executing in the US and helping to provide assistance for global markets with toolkits/messaging/advice/guiding principles
- Draft, contribute to media announcements surrounding new podcasts and trend stories
- Work alongside multiple agencies
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key media in order to drive communication objectives and generate accurate and positive coverage
- Perpetually remain up to speed on the latest news in the entertainment, technology and podcasting space
- Help create messaging and assemble supporting research for Spotify’s key spokespeople and talent for announcements, panels and interviews
- Work closely with internal data resources to deeply understand consumer behavior and identify opportunities to capitalize on that information
- Work in close coordination with our global Communications team from our offices in Los Angeles or New York
Who You Are
- 4+ years relevant communications experience in entertainment or business public relations, digital marketing, and podcast industry — must have agency, network or studio experience
- Self-sufficient and demonstrable ability to develop and execute strategic PR campaigns
- Creative and motivated self-starter with a hands-on attitude and tireless work ethic
- A deep love for podcasts, entertainment, music and technology
- Excellent writing, organizational and presentation skills
- Proficiency in multiple languages is a significant plus
- Strong media relationships and the ability to cultivate additional contacts in the space
- Ability to multitask and work calmly in an extremely fast-moving industry and environment
- Collaborative and creative individual who enjoys partnering closely across teams and departments to create and distribute the most impactful communications possible
- Strong writer, strategic thinker, and resourceful problem-solver
- Ability to balance short- and long-term priorities
- Of course, a proud representative of the Spotify brand!
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 230 million users.