With the best voice in the band, the Communications team speaks to an audience of millions every day. We’re storytellers, tasked with bringing what Spotify stands for to life on the global stage. Wherever and whenever our voice is heard, we ensure it remains authentic to the brand and supports business growth. Join us and help to protect and promote Spotify’s unique sound for years to come.
Reports To: Global Head of Corporate Communications & Reputation
Corporate Communications generalist that will support Spotify’s Global Affairs Business Unit and its mission to build a safe platform that is true to our company’s values, and partner in the development of fair policies and rules that increase trust and innovation. Primary responsibilities will include developing strategic communications plans that support Spotify’s Business Affairs and Legal Affairs teams, to help foster a greater understanding of their respective strategies with a focus on mitigating risk and enhancing Spotify’s overall reputation, both internally and externally.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include the execution of these plans in globally integrated ways and managing a variety of time-sensitive, business-critical initiatives and issues. Additionally, this person will play a central role in coordinating and managing Spotify’s rapid response capability, helping to ensure that the company communicates thoughtfully when unforeseen or unexpected issues arise. In all cases, the Manager of Global Affairs will consider the impact of business decisions and actions on Spotify’s overall reputation and stakeholder audiences, and develop communications recommendations accordingly.
Responsible for conceiving and executing written, visual, in-person or virtual communications that advance Business Affairs’ and Legal Affairs’’ strategic initiatives and contribute to Spotify’s corporate narrative. This will include but is not limited to writing/editing on behalf of Global Affairs leadership (talking points, announcements, Op-eds, key messages, decks/slides, and more) as well as guiding/creating communications strategies to reach and engage priority audiences.
This person must be a strong team player and self-starter with a predisposition for speed. They will partner closely with communications colleagues that support Spotify’s business units, owned platforms, internal communications and global markets teams on strategies and plans. Expected to have strong business acumen, writing and project management skills, as well as effective engagement with stakeholders across the company. Other critical skills include sound judgment and a high-degree of accountability.
What you’ll do:
- Develop a comprehensive employee communication strategy that elevates critical initiatives, drives clarity and action, and further strengthens Spotify’s culture
- Maintain an ongoing, line-of-sight engagement strategy around Global Affairs’ goals and objectives for internal and external audiences
- Develop and execute leadership communications to ensure clear and consistent messaging across Spotify
- Support internal communications, critical issues, rapid response and other corporate comms initiatives involving the Global Affairs team
- Improve the use of internal communications channels and potentially develop new ones to reach and engage Global Affairs and other employees, as needed
- Contribute to Spotify’s strong team culture and model consistent and transparent approach to two way communications
- Seek out opportunities to storytell as appropriate on owned and earned external channels
- Identify, vet and staff media and speaking opportunities for select Global Affairs spokespeople
- Flex into special projects across Communications
Who you are:
- 7-10 years relevant experience in communications with a focus on corporate reputation, crisis and issues management, business and legal affairs
- A proven ability to create and drive successful communications campaigns
- Executive presence and team leadership
- Passion for music, podcasting and technology
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 286 million users.