At Spotify, we connect people to their favourite music and we’ve created a service that people use to discover and enjoy content they love. We’re in 70+ markets…and counting! We aim to revolutionize the way people consume content, and we need some very talented people to help us achieve our mission.
We are seeking an outstanding Legal Counsel to join our growing Legal team in New York.
As Legal Counsel for Spotify you will partner with and provide legal guidance to our Licensing and Business Development teams with a particular focus on the Business Development side of the business. Our deals are state of the art, groundbreaking and always evolving so it will be up to you to continuously assess and advise the teams on legal issues using a creative and pragmatic approach.
What you´ll do
- Review, draft and manage a wide range of commercial agreements, including hardware agreements, global partnership deals, content licences and reseller/payment service provider agreements
- Improve our standard form agreements and legal processes to help us scale globally with a consistent but locally relevant approach
- Work closely with our business teams to summarize and communicate legal concepts clearly and effectively and help them synthesize legal frameworks in developing their business strategies.
- Advise our teams about relevant legal contexts, issues and risks, complex agreement structures, approval processes, and company policies and procedures
- Provide support to other legal and business teams globally on an as-needed basis
Who you are
- Law Degree (or equivalent) from top-tier university
- Ability to practice in the United States
- Combined 4-7 years of experience working in a top tier law firm and/or in-house legal department
- Team player with an ability to work autonomously
- Previous experience partnering with global stakeholders
- Strong track record of working with a wide range of commercial agreements with a technology, business development, content licensing, media and IP focus
- Experience working in technology sector; recorded music and publisher licensing experience a bonus
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.