We are looking for an experienced colleague to lead catalogue initiatives in our Artist and Label Partnership team. You will be leading all interactions with the catalogue teams on the label and artist side, proactively identifying new opportunities and building relationships within the industry.
Our goal is to optimize the user experience and to maximize revenues from catalogue activities our partners plan to do. This team is responsible for majors, sub-labels, indies and artists that manage music catalogue.
This is a key role dedicated to building both internal and external partnerships with teams and partners who will help us reach our goals, improve Spotify business metrics by supporting company bets & priorities and develop new business partnerships.
What you’ll do
- Be responsible for the relationship with the global catalogue teams within your portfolio of companies and actively maintain and build that relationship.
- Develop and ideate campaigns that grow catalogue representation on the platform, attract new audiences to Spotify and create business opportunities for the company.
- Be responsible for not only overseeing the relationships but also managing flow of opportunities, development of campaigns to support them and reporting on results.
- Lead Internal XFN Catalog Steering committee to ensure that we are vetting all opportunities against our workflow.
- Collect all incoming catalogue pitches and requests and evaluate user relevance and partnership potential.
- Work to maximize our catalogue revenues from our partners and be a driving force in our work to be our partners no1 destination for marketing activities, to reach our revenue targets.
- Proactively research and strategize what content or tools would increase the impact of campaigns i.e. podcasts, microcasts, vinyl offer and visual formats.
- Be the most knowledgeable person at Spotify when it comes to our partners catalogue roadmap.
Who you are
- You have at least 10 years of previous experience from working in the music or entertainment industry in various key roles preferably working with catalogue and artists.
- Passionate about all kinds of music – from a wide array of genres, styles and eras.
- Ability and willingness to work with and respond to data and analytics.
- Strong propensity to take initiative and thrive on change.
- You naturally build relationships and like to communicate internally and externally.
- You care about attention to detail and organization, have a team spirit, strong work ethic, and a friendly, warm attitude.
- You have an excellent ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels. Effectively manage relationships with senior executives.
- You are an open, transparent and clear communicator
- You are well organized and strive in operational excellence with the ability to plan and deliver on tight deadlines and pay exceptional attention to detail
- You have a passion for music and the creator community
- Willingness to travel and participate in night and weekend events
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.