Spotify is seeking a creative leader to run its in-house podcast studio. In this role, you’ll manage a team of audio producers, writers, and development executives to develop and produce original podcasts.
You’ll work closely with multiple teams – including Strategy & Insights and Network Development – to identify content categories and voices that fill an unmet need among audiences.
The right candidate has extensive experience across podcast production and content development, understands the specific grammar and language of audio, and has a strong perspective on what works within the medium.
This hire will be based in Los Angeles and report into the VP of Spotify Studios.
What you’ll do:
- Hire, lead, and motivate a diverse team of producers, to deliver great shows on time and on budget
- Create best-in-class programming production that drive new listeners to the platform
- Work closely with Network Development team to identify and source host talent, execute pilots, and green-light shows
- Oversee production pipeline and budgets for the studio
- Empower your team to make decisions and execute creative to drive our business objectives
- Develop relationships with many cross-functional stakeholders including but not limited to: network development, strategy insights & analytics, marketing, sales, HR and operations
- Be a critical player in driving the identity and voice of the house studio
Who you are:
- Deep audio experience across concepting, development, production, and distribution
- Demonstrated ability to create a content strategy within digital media
- Excellent communicator who is adept at managing up, across and down
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally and lead through influence
- Devoted people manager, enthusiastic about directing creative thinkers toward their best work, building teams, and carving out opportunities for career growthAt ease in emerging and ambiguous environments
- Experienced in working across various content formats and genres
- Able to work both macro and micro / big picture strategy and hands-on
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.