Spotify is seeking a passionate and experienced leader to join our Studios team. You’ll play a vital role in defining and executing Spotify’s podcast programming and editorial strategy in the US.
The main focus for this role is growth opportunities in podcast content and audiences. You will work in close collaboration with other members of the programming, production, marketing, and operations teams.
You will be located in New York or Los Angeles and report into the Head of Network Programming.
What You’ll Do
- Be the expert on all things culturally relevant to our audiences
- Consume media, news and sports diet of primary audiences, including what’s trending across News, TV, YouTube, social media, email newsletters, etc.
- Devise an editorial strategy for podcasts for the platform
- Create and strategize around a content calendar, building editorial plans around upcoming launches, editorial themes, and cultural moments
- Execute 5-6 podcast hub strategies per quarter, working with cross-functional stakeholders
- Build Podcast Playlists that drive podcast discovery, MAU, and consumption hours
- Merchandize podcast content with compelling copy and imagery
- Develop and execute creative programming campaigns to drive quantifiable awareness and engagement
- Devise and create a set of tools with Content Insights and Program Management to program new podcasts and surface playlist opportunities
- Work with stakeholders across Marketing, Home and Browse to better utilize our platform surfaces to surface podcast content and enhance podcast discovery
- Collect, analyze, and report relevant performance metrics to broader company audience and convert these metrics into compelling marketing stories
- Provide insights from data and make content strategy recommendations
Who You Are
- Several years experience as the top Editorial Voice of a major media digital platform
- Strong understanding of publishing digital content for Millennial & Gen Z Audiences
- Well-versed in cultural and societal trends of Millennial & Gen Z Audiences
- Experience programming and optimizing for engagement on a digital platform
- Deep appreciation for creative communication and sense of quality and commercial messaging
- Ability to drive your own work independently, while leading multiple complex projects
- Skilled in creating and presenting strategic plans in a compelling way
- Excellent analytical skills and experience drawing insights from internal and external data
- Deep understanding of unique audience segments and targeting content
- Proficiency working with different publishing tools and CMSA real passion for the podcast culture space and a great eye for quality content and talent
- A strong command of the broader digital landscape and an interest in keeping up to date with developments in web and mobile platforms and applications
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.