We are looking for a passionate and seasoned business-focused leader to join the Music team.
You will help us continue to build and run a world-class organization, executing strategy across the Music and Content teams.
This role reports to our VP, Head of Music and is based in New York.
What you will do
- Oversee and manage various functions in the Music organization
- Partner with Head of Music in defining the commercial path to growth and profitability.
- Participate in the development of the Music team strategy & strategic relationships.
- Evaluate strategic initiatives and new opportunities across the team.
- Establish policies around a suite of foundational song and playlist metrics.
Who you are
- A strong people manager who is invested in your team’s development and growth
- You have a passion for and are very connected to the Music and/or Entertainment Industry and can be a representative to the rest of the Spotify organization and to external partners
- You have senior level relationships throughout the industry and are connected to multiple leaders across the business
- You have a proven track record running successful teams
- You are a strategic thinker and problem solver with the ability to transform goals into actionable plans
- Experience in implementing strategic and large-scale initiatives projects in a change-oriented, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with different team members to design processes and implement strategic projects that solve business challenges
- You have a knack for coordinating multiple teams towards achieving a common goal
- Balance between attention to detail and swift execution
- You are anxious to learn and grow and to help others do the same
- You are an excellent communicator
- You are able to network and develop deep relationships across the organization
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators.
This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come to be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.