Spotify’s mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their work and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by it.
The Marketplace team builds Spotify’s content and creator platforms. Our Content Platform ingests, understands, and safeguards the world’s audio. Our products –Spotify for Artists (S4A), Soundtrap, and SoundBetter – enable artists and their teams to create, connect, and grow their audience.
As the Head of Marketplace Business, you will bring a deep understanding of business strategy, finance and analytics to shape Marketplace’s strategy, manage the P&L, and drive financial performance. You will act as a key member of the Marketplace leadership team, and will be a strategic leader, managing a team of business functions, including business analysis, business development, and economics
What you’ll do:
- Manage Marketplace’s P&L, collaborating with the leads of the Marketplace business lines
- Lead the Marketplace Organization’s collaborations with Finance and Corporate Development
- Develop and own the multi year business plan for Marketplace
- Contribute to the overall strategy and direction of the Marketplace leadership team
- Advise the leadership team in financial metrics and market insights to provide analysis-based recommendations that inform strategy and improve profitability.
- Lead an organization of analysts, economists, data scientists, and business development professionals to produce impact. Your teams will:
- Drive financial forecasting in partnership with finance
- Identify and model potential build/buy/partner opportunities
- Steer Spotify’s strategy on streaming payout economic models
- Develop and execute healthy partnerships to improve our offerings to creators
Who you are:
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative field such as finance, economics or equivalent practical experience
- MBA preferred
- Experience in finance, analytics, strategy and/or business intelligence leadership roles
- Experience at B2B/enterprise SaaS businesses or Marketplace businesses
- Inclusive people leader with a track record of building and developing teams to drive impact
- Experienced at managing managers
- Passionate about serving creators and in improving the music economy for all
- Experience leading sophisticated critical initiatives. Distinctive problem-solving and analysis skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.