Spotify is looking for a new Head of Major Labels, Commercial Partnerships. This person will oversee relationships with partners to utilize existing tools & create new ones. As an expert in how major labels operate, you will help guide partners to best benefit from Spotify’s suite of products & services.
The role will be based in our Los Angeles or New York City office and report into the Head of Commercial Partnerships.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop win-win-win programs to benefit Spotify listeners, Spotify & major label partners.
- Become deeply familiar with a range of products and business processes at Spotify to be able to advise labels and create solutions.
- Rely on your strong communication skills to appropriately position Spotify’s capabilities and value in a way that drives excitement and engagement with our tools and services
- Regularly attend and participate in formal and informal external meetings to deepen label relationships as a trusted and valued partner
- Lead global business reviews; identify and execute opportunities to drive growth for both our platform and our partners’ core business
- Collaborate closely and develop strong relationships with cross-functional internal teams including R&D, Legal, Licensing, Sales, Product Marketing, and Artist & Label Partnerships to deliver cohesive outstanding service to labels and to advance the Spotify mission
- Team: manage at least 2 team members.
Who You Are:
- At least ten (10) years’ work experience in the music industry (including digital music platforms) or other entertainment industries.
- You have experience interfacing with Product teams.
- A strong understanding of the music industry value chain, the evolution of digital music platforms, and the core function of the Major Labels within this evolving ecosystem.
- You are collaborative and experienced with partner relationship management.
- Have a stellar ability to work cross-functionally to ensure regular communication.
- You have strong communication skills with the ability to work with internal teams across various functions and levels.
- Are able to prepare executive-level presentations and work under pressure.
- You are business-minded, analytical and incredibly detail-oriented.
- You have successfully managed and executed large-scale, global projects.