Spotify Studios is the team that oversees our spoken word content business, including original content. We’re looking for a creative, driven, and experienced executive to join the Spotify Studios team.
In this role, you will be responsible for the creative oversight, content strategy, editorial and programming, and execution of kids, podcasts, stories and other spoken word content.
You will build a team that delivers distinctive, engaging, audio content for kids. This will require deep collaboration with internal creative, business, R&D and editorial teams, as well as external partners, and others. It’s an opportunity to imagine new possibilities for what kids audio can be!
We’re hiring for this position in New York or Los Angeles.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and execute the programming strategy for the Spotify and Spotify Kids products
- Develop, pitch and oversee production of high-quality kids content
- Identify third-party kids content to license and package on the Spotify and Spotify Kids products
- Coordinate with our Content Partnership team to establish and manage relationships with the key producers and licensors of kids content to license existing content and co-produce or commission new content
- Manage a Kids Editorial team and strategy
- Work with the cross functional stakeholders to create programming that is relevant, timely, and kid friendly and to help develop long-term strategy for the Kids App
- Provide persuasive creative direction to key internal stakeholders, including R&D teams building the kids experience in the Spotify app
- Contribute to the overall creative strategy of the team by leading brainstorms, providing input on visual identity, and continuously developing new content formats
- Uphold ambitious creative standards while delivering programs on time and on budget
- Build and manage budgets, forecasts, and reporting for kids content
- Coordinate with our Markets/International teams
Who You Are
- The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented, self-directed leader who has hands-on experience with all aspects of creative development
- A strong background in content strategy is required
- 8+ years working in the kids space, with experience in audio/digital content development (podcasts and/or audiobooks), or children’s television or video is ideal
- Experience managing large budgets
- Extensive leadership experience in managing teams of direct and indirect reportsKey relationships with content partners/providers
- Ability to work cross-functionally and manage multiple stakeholders
- Passion for and familiarity with popular kids shows, brands, and publishers
A deep understanding of the kids audienceExcellent written and verbal communication skills
- Brings clear, distinctive creative vision to each production
- Can-do approach and ability to perform under pressure
- Continuously evaluate performance data and adjust creative approach in response
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.