This role will support the global consumer and brand communications organization, leading all influencer efforts for the communications team. The role will lead all aspects of the influencer strategy, influencer relations, key stakeholder engagement efforts and Spotify’s Concierge program. The role is ultimately responsible for harnessing the power of influencer to help tell Spotify’s story, as well as crafting rigor around the company’s overall approach to influencer.
Success in this role requires that you be a world-class creative and strategic thinker with a good understanding of digital PR and Communications, have a proven track record for executing world-class influencer work (organic and paid) for a global company and bring a rolodex of influencer contacts that you could begin activating on day one. Additionally, you will partner closely with Spotify’s marketing and social leaders to develop a consistent approach to influencer across paid, owned and earned media, as well as leveraging influencer on and across platform content (e.g., podcast programming).
This person will be responsible for developing creative global influencer communication strategies, as well as integrating influencer support into other areas of the business. You should also be seen as a critical resource and counsel company-wide in best practices for engaging with influencers.
You will be encouraged to have a deep understanding of Spotify’s global storytelling and priorities in order to activate influencers to effectively help tell our story. Above all, your work will impact the way the world understands and learns about Spotify’s global business, offers and news.
What You’ll Do
- Lead all aspects of influencer communications work, including influencer support of campaigns, influencer appearances at events and influencer participation in podcasts
- Build and maintain strong relationships with a wide network of influencers in order to drive communications objectives, and generate accurate, positive influencer earned traditional and social coverage
- Guide the global markets influencer relations efforts and share best practices
- Spearhead Spotify’s Concierge program which onboards influencers to Spotify and inspires them to use the platform as a social storytelling vehicle
- Lead influencer strategy and executions
- Collaborate with key partners across the company to educate and guide our strategy and approach
- Help develop external messaging/talking points for influencers and brief/train as needed
- Craft communications to build objectives, consistency and guardrails across the markets
- Lead influencer agency support by providing briefs, direction and ongoing guidance
- This role is based in Los Angeles
Who You Are
- 10+ years relevant communications experience in influencer relations & communications
- Strong understanding of digital PR/marketing and social media is essential
- Extensive experience with communications supporting a global company
- Proven ability to develop and execute strategic influencer campaigns
- Motivated self-starter with hands-on attitude
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong influencer relations skills and influencer contacts/relationships
- Strong project management and agency management skills
- Ability to multitask and work in a hectic and extremely fast-moving industry and environment
- Collaborative individual who enjoys partnering closely across teams and departments to create and distribute the most impactful communications possible
- Strong strategic thinker and resourceful problem-solver
- Ability to balance short- and long-term priorities
- Of course, an ever-enthusiastic representative of the Spotify brand!
Where You’ll Be
- We’ve introduced Work From Anywhere to give you more options!
- Our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19. Post COVID, while we will ask you to pop into the office from time to time, we are giving you the flexibility to work from home should you choose to do so.
- Working hours? We operate within the EST zone for collaboration
Learn about life at Spotify
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.