The role is ultimately responsible for all communications for this leader that ladders up to the BU’s overall business objectives, goals and audiences for the company — as well as, the leader’s goals.
In this role, you are encouraged to have strong business acumen, writing and project management skills, as well as effective engagement with stakeholders across the company and at the very highest level across the business.
Role will be responsible for conceiving and executing written, visual, and live communications supporting the Freemium senior leader with support of the organization as a whole and potentially supporting larger Freemium announcements. This can include but is not limited to writing/editing on behalf of leadership (talking points, announcements, key messages, decks/slides, and more) as well as guiding/crafting the messaging strategy and QA’s for Freemium initiatives. You should be familiar with the Freemium BU’s culture and business priorities and how they ladder up to company objectives, as well as how to build understanding and connectivity with the rest of the company. Above all, your work will impact the way the world understands and learns about Spotify’s Freemium offering.
This role will be a direct report to Spotify’s Head of Communications and will be dotted and embedded to the Freemium business unit.
Work from our offices in Stockholm or London.
What you’ll do:
- Lead and coordinate all communications activities for Freemium Business Unit senior leader, at a global and local scale
- Executive positioning: Develop and implement positioning plans for Freemium Business Unit senior leader and potentially key direct reports identifying external and internal opportunities that ensure key messages – as well as the company’s broader narrative – are reaching priority stakeholders in the most effective ways
- Craft, lead and own presentations, speeches and messages targeting audiences both internally and externally
- Media Relations: Build and maintain strong relations with key media in order to drive communication objectives and generate accurate and positive coverage featuring Freemium business leader
- Build content for a variety of external channels to help Freemium leader keep the BU informed while successfully promoting and marketing Freemium BU at the company using various internal comms methods.
- Work with the Global Internal Communications team to build consistency across the company and create narratives for how the mission, values, objectives, and more to connect to the Freemium BU org on behalf of the executive.
- Partner closely with Consumer Comms Team: While the focus will primarily be on communications around the Freemium BU’s business strategy and its role within the broader Spotify offering, it will be essential to work closely with the Consumer Comms team who will be responsible for leading consumer facing announcements, content publicity and consumer events that the BU builds/curates
Who you are:
- 15 years relevant communications experience
- Proficient in narrative, storytelling, communications channels and writing for a variety of audiences
- Extensive experience from communications in a global company
- Able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and under pressure without sacrificing attention to detail
- Collaborative individual who enjoys partnering closely across teams and departments to build and distribute the most impactful communications possible
- Strong writer, strategic thinker, and inventive problem-solver
- Understanding of sensitivities that exist in communications and how to strategically seek for them
- Ability to balance short- and long-term priorities
- Excellent organisational skills
- Of course, an ever-enthusiastic representative of the Spotify brand 🙂