With the best voice in the band, the Communications team speaks to an audience of millions every day. We’re storytellers, tasked with bringing what Spotify stands for to life on the global stage. Wherever and whenever our voice is heard, we ensure it remains authentic to the brand and supports business growth. Join us and help to protect and promote Spotify’s unique sound for years to come.
This role will manage all communications for Spotify across France and Benelux, leading and executing all corporate, consumer and trade communications across France, Netherlands and Belgium. This diverse and demanding role requires a motivated and independent self-starter, who is prepared to work independently across a wide variety of tasks and at all levels, while ensuring stakeholder buy-in at all relevant levels of the company.
The role is ultimately responsible for all PR and communications being in line with the global business objectives and audiences for Spotify while staying locally relevant in the France and Benelux markets, which requires a strategic mindset and strong critical thinking. Building and maintaining strong relations with key media across the markets, personally and through agency partners, in order to meet communication objectives and generate accurate and positive coverage is central. Also, as the sole communications lead in the market, a lot of independent working is required at all levels of the comms spectrum, in cooperation with a global, cross-functional comms team and with agency partners.
The role is part of the market’s leadership team, so strong business acumen and some understanding of public affairs is expected, in order to advise and otherwise support the business effectively. The role will also be at the front line of a diverse range of time-sensitive issues and crisis management situations, requiring a cool head, problem solving skills and impeccable communication skills.
This role will be a direct report to Spotify’s Head of PR & Communications EMEA, who is based in Stockholm.
What you’ll do
- Develop and implement a long term external communications strategy for the market that is aligned with global and regional strategies
- Corporate communications lead: lead and execute all communications activities in France and Benelux, including executive profiling and corporate storytelling. Execute some financial communications
- Consumer communications lead: lead and execute consumer PR campaigns, pitching music, podcast and tech stories across the market
- Crisis Communications: identify risk and issues, conduct scenario planning and manage proactive and reactive communications in the market while keeping relevant stakeholders informed
- Music/podcast industry communications: communicate Spotify’s value to the creator audience and our work to connect artists and fans
- Trade communications: build Spotify’s profile as a leading advertising platform to brand and marketing trade audiences
- Internal Communications: lead internal communications activities in France and Benelux in dialogue with internal stakeholders
- Stakeholder engagement: Engage and drive buy-in from senior level stakeholders at the highest level across the business, including France and Benelux management team and regional stakeholders
- Manage PR agency partners and their support in France and Benelux: provide the brief, direction and ongoing guidance to the agencies
- Work from our office in Paris (as allowed for by COVID and other circumstances)
Who you are
- 8+ years relevant communications experience in Consumer PR and Corporate communications, in/for consumer facing brands in the digital, media, entertainment or tech industry.
- Fluent in English and French. Dutch is a plus.
- Proven ability to develop and execute strategic PR campaigns that supports the business goals
- You have strong business acumen and at least basic understanding of public affairs
- Motivated self-starter with hands-on attitude who understands the art of prioritization
- Well-versed in narrative, storytelling, communications channels and writing for a variety of audiences
- Ability to multitask and work in a complex and extremely fast moving environment without sacrificing attention to detail
- Collaborative individual who enjoys partnering closely across teams and departments to create and distribute the most impactful communications possible
- Strong project management and agency management skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Of course, an ever-enthusiastic representative of the Spotify brand 🙂
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 286 million users.