With the best voice in the band, the Communications team speaks to an audience of millions every day.
We’re storytellers, tasked with bringing what Spotify stands for to life on the global stage. Wherever and whenever our voice is heard, we ensure it remains authentic to the brand and supports business growth.
Join us and help to protect and promote Spotify’s unique sound for years to come.
This role will lead all communications, internal and external, for Spotify across Australia and New Zealand, providing strategic direction and execution across consumer, corporate and trade communications. This role is diverse and demanding and requires a creative, motivated, independent, self-starting critical thinker, who is prepared to work independently across a wide variety of tasks at all levels.
As the senior communications lead in these markets, this individual should be adept at working across stakeholder groups and making effective comms recommendations in line with overall business objectives, goals and audiences for Spotify in AUNZ. It is critical that you are able to seamlessly coordinate with the business head of the region, as well as the broader global comms team, to guide on what is best suited to your markets, whilst also providing counsel and high-level comms support to the senior executives in your region.
In this role, you are expected to be comfortable with fast-paced, complex scenarios whilst operating at all levels of the comms spectrum. You possess strong business acumen, writing and project management skills, and are able to drive the agenda when engaging with stakeholders across the company and at the highest level across the business.
You are expected to thoughtfully consider Spotify’s business and reputational goals, and execute them in strategic, proactive and globally integrated ways. The role may also be at the front line of a diverse range of time-sensitive issues and crisis management situations, requiring a cool head, problem solving skills and impeccable communications skills.
What You’ll Do
- AUNZ Comms Strategy:Lead the development, refining, and execution of a communications strategy for your markets, with Australia being the primary focus
- Media Relations:Build and maintain strong relations with key media across AUNZ in order to drive communication objectives and generate accurate and positive coverage
- Consumer Communications:Set local strategy and implement communications campaigns across all channels, supporting influencer and partner engagement, along with supporting Spotify’s owned content strategy
- Corporate Communications:Lead all communications activities across AUNZ on behalf of Spotify, support senior executives and their activities, telling proactive stories that are aligned with Spotify’s reputation priorities
- Crisis Communications:Manage and oversee short-term reactive communications for your markets, including making smart assessments of the situation, creating a plan and acting quickly to get stakeholder buy-in, including developing reactive statements and key messages
- Music & Podcast Industry Communications: Communicate Spotify’s value to the creator audience and our work to connect artists/creators and fans by building relationships and understanding market challenges. Position Spotify as the #1 destination for Music and Podcasts and the leader in audio.
- Trade Communications: Build Spotify’s profile as a leading advertising platform to brand and marketing trade audiences
- Stakeholder Engagement: Engage and drive buy-in from senior level stakeholders at the highest level across the business, including the AUNZ management team and regional stakeholders
- Internal Communications: Set local strategy and lead internal communications activities in AUNZ
- Agency Management: Manage PR agency support in the AUNZ: Provide the brief, direction and ongoing guidance to the agency
Who You Are
- Minimum of 10 to 12 years relevant communications with direct experience working in Consumer PR, digital, media, entertainment and music industry PR, or in the tech industry in Australia
- Strategic thinker with the ability to work in a fast paced, global environment; public company preferable
- Proven ability to develop and execute strategic PR campaigns; solid experience working cross functionally to produce strong results a plus
- Solid media contacts and relationships in entertainment, music and tech community
- Well-versed in shaping the narrative, creative storytelling across a variety of communications channels and audiences
- Motivated self-starter with a hands-on attitude
- Team player who thinks and acts globally, even when directly dealing with a local challenge
- Ability to multitask and work in a hectic and extremely fast-moving industry and environment without sacrificing attention to detail
- Ability to work across all levels, no task is too big or too small
- Strong project management and agency management skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Of course, an ever-enthusiastic representative of the Spotify brand
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.