We’re seeking a highly motivated Head of Commercial Partnerships to join our Music team.
The role can be based in either our New York or LA offices, and will report into the Head of Music (with a dotted line to Head of Marketplace).
What you’ll do
- Lead the Commercial Partnerships team, crafting our commercial model with major and indie labels: team will ensure each of our partners have the support they need and develop pricing and bundling for our services for labels.
- Manage day-to-day commercial relationships with our Label partners to include: leading regular Business Reviews; identifying and executing on opportunities to drive growth for both our platform and our partners core business; managing execution of our commercial business with Label partners; creating win-win opportunities for Labels and Spotify; maintain active dialogue with partners around product evolution, strategic objectives, new growth opportunities, and a bilateral objective to grow our platform for the benefit of the broader Creator community.
- Drive commercial success by: delivering on sales targets of Marketplace products; identifying new business opportunities and testing new pilots and programs; cross-functional collaboration across Spotify teams to ensuring effective communication to labels regarding the value of our services effectively; facilitating and communicating across internal and external stakeholders to our Label partners, maximizing the performance of our key partnerships
Who you are
- You have extensive experience in the music or entertainment industry (including digital platforms,) and hold strong relationships across the music space
- You have a strong understanding of the music industry value chain, the evolution of digital music platforms, and the core function of the Major Labels within this evolving ecosystem
- You have built and managed a high-performing sales team
- You are collaborative and experienced with partner relationship management
- You possess strong communication skills with the ability to work with internal teams across various functions and levels
- You are flexible, able to multitask, willing to embrace change and to adapt strategies on the fly
- You can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while driving your team toward clarity, solutions, and delivery
- You are business-minded, analytical and incredibly detail-oriented
- You have successfully managed and executed large-scale, global projects
- You are game for extensive travel
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.