Music for everyone, no credit card needed. It’s a promise our platform was built on. And here in the Free team, we’re still building on it.
We work on a massive scale, bringing people from all kinds of disciplines and all parts of the business together to deliver an amazing freemium experience to more than 129 million users worldwide. Want to help shape the future of free? Here’s how.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Group Product Manager to help build the next generation of advertising at Spotify. Our advertising platform currently supports a multi-hundred million dollar advertising business, and your team will work to build personalized, engaging and performant ad formats and experiences. This team is critical to the success of our ad platform, and we are looking for a collaborative and innovative leader to drive strategy and vision forward.
You will lead a team of Product Managers to develop best in class audio, video and native display formats and work cross-functionally with engineering, design, product insights and business stakeholders to develop critical infrastructure that powers our advertising business and delivers optimal value for our users and our advertisers.
What you’ll do
- Develop and lead the strategy, vision, roadmap and execution for Spotify’s ad formats and products, including audio, voice, video and brand experiences across desktop, mobile, web and all of Spotify’s connected devices and partnerships.
- Lead and grow a team of product managers to develop best in class native ad formats that engage our users and deliver ROI for our advertisers.
- Work closely with data science and machine learning to optimize the advertising experience on Spotify.
- Work with development teams across R&D to identify and drive opportunities for improved revenue and user experience through our advertising stack.
- Partner with Tech, Design, User Research and Product insights to drive innovation and deliver on advertiser outcomes.
- Work relentlessly to make sure your team is focused on delivering the most impactful work and delivering against KPIs. A healthy balance of innovation, support and maintenance is key for all successful teams at Spotify.
Who you are
- You are a highly collaborative leader that is capable of formulating product vision and strategy and working cross-functionally to deliver on that roadmap.
- You have experience working as a senior product leader in an advertising tech company or publisher platform and have experience building mobile products. Bonus points if you have built native ad formats at a major publisher or platform.
- You care deeply about the user experience and have extensive knowledge in design principles, U/X, user research, a/b testing, quantitative and qualitative research.
- You understand Machine Learning principles and practices as they apply to ad and messaging stacks.
- You know how to build platforms that scale, delivering value to other R&D teams and allow them to move faster.
- You have experience with data driven product development and knowledge of agile methodologies.
- You have experience with hiring, coaching and leading a diverse and high-performing team of product managers, including senior product managers.
- You are an effective communicator, and know how to influence and manage a large list of stakeholders with conflicting and competing priorities.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 286 million users.