This role will work with Spotify’s Content Communications team to map out, execute and analyze global campaigns supporting numerous podcast projects in every imaginable genre around the world. Beginning with market by market analysis and project announcements, carrying through show launches and then sustaining programming audience growth efforts — this individual will work with Spotify podcast creators, talent and their representatives on a daily basis.
For this role, you must be a strong writer and communicator with a high level of comfort with frequent travel. Experience managing multiple overlapping projects and established relationships with top business, entertainment and trade press is also essential.
Do you enjoy foreign language films, international TV and global music? Do you have experience assessing an audio show or series as it is being developed? Have you plotted out and prioritized the rhythm of a publicity campaign while sourcing content from multiple departments and stakeholders to deliver verifiable results? Do you enjoy drafting announcements, debating just the right adjective for a positioning statement, as well as obsessively reading every study and trend piece on the podcast space that the internet has to offer? Are you comfortable directly pitching press, researching & outlining Q&A strategies, designing the communications plan for an awards campaign and then relaxing by pouring over show data to identify the next audience that we should pursue? If so, then please keep reading.
Success in this role requires a passion for supporting creators, executives and our growing slate. You should be familiar with global Spotify business priorities and how they ladder up to company objectives, as well as how to create understanding and connectivity with the rest of the company. You also need to be familiar with different global market needs in order to help localize best practices. Above all, your work will impact the way that the world understands and learns about Spotify’s ongoing efforts to grow the global audio ecosystem. If you have a love for podcasts, creators and global culture, this might be the job for you.
What you’ll do
- Work with the Content Communications team in markets around the world to plan and optimize podcast publicity campaigns
- Help design strategy and work to support global markets with toolkits/messaging/best practices
- Draft, contribute to media announcements surrounding new podcasts and trend stories
- Work alongside multiple agencies
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key media in order to drive communication objectives and generate accurate and positive coverage
- Perpetually remain up to speed on the latest market by market news in the entertainment, technology and podcasting space
- Brief and create messaging and supporting research for Spotify’s key spokespeople and talent for announcements, panels and interviews
- Work closely with internal data resources to deeply understand consumer behavior and identify opportunities to capitalize on that information
- Work in close coordination with our global Communications team from our offices in Los Angeles
Who you are
- 5-7+ years relevant communications experience in entertainment or business public relations, digital marketing, and podcast industry — must have agency, network or studio experience
- A deep love for podcasts, entertainment, music and technology
- Excellent writing, organizational and presentation skills
- Proficiency in multiple languages is not a requirement but is a significant plus
- Strong media relationships and the ability to cultivate additional contacts in the space
- Ability to multitask and work calmly in an extremely fast-moving industry and environment
- Collaborative and creative individual who enjoys partnering closely across teams and departments to create and distribute the most impactful communications possible
- Ability to travel internationally on a regular basis
- Of course, a proud representative of the Spotify brand!