One voice understood in every language. That’s what the Markets team – in locations across the globe – delivers every day. We influence culture by being a part of culture, creating marketing communications that resonate with local users and their unique listening habits. Know how to make your audience listen? Help us grow our brand in your corner of the world.
Spotify is the world’s largest audio platform, home to over 50 million tracks of music and 500 thousand podcasts from around the globe. We available in 79 markets around the world with over 248 million monthly active users and 113 million subscribers. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by enabling millions of creators to live off their work and billions of listeners to enjoy it.
Spotify is looking for a Global Marketing Strategy Lead to join our Consumer Marketing team. As Strategy Lead, you will be responsible for developing a marketing strategy to guide Spotify’s marketing investments around the world, leading integrated marketing programs to grow awareness and love for Spotify’s masterbrand, and commercializing new growth initiatives that helps Spotify expand its reach to new markets and audience segments. The right person for the role is a collaborative leader with experience in fast-paced, creative, and analytical work environments. This position will report to the Head of Global Marketing Strategy.
What you’ll do
- Develop brand and segments strategies through market analysis and stakeholder input.
- Write business briefs that inform cross functional teams and develop global multi-channel marketing plans.
- Work with in-country teams to develop and execute multi-channel marketing programs that drive consideration, trial and retention.
- Oversee project timelines to ensure all commitments are met while communicating status updates to key stakeholders.
- Serve as a resource and global consult for all regional marketing teams.
- Partner with creative teams and agency partners to build campaigns.
- Work closely with product teams to ideate, develop and test new growth initiatives
Who you are
- College degree, combined with at least 8-10 years of international marketing and/or strategy consulting work experience. An MBA or advanced degree in marketing is a plus.
- Ability to formulate marketing strategies, strategically assess executional options, think creatively and provide detailed follow-through on campaigns.
- Ability to mobilize and effectively lead cross functional teams.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experience in briefing and working with creative teams.
- Highly organized and detail conscious with the ability to manage timelines, large teams, and global budgets.
- Experience using analytics and measurement to inform data-driven decisions for organizations.
- International experience, understanding of cultural diversity