Spotify’s Music team is seeking an exceptional and proven leader with deep knowledge of marketing and partnerships to fill the newly created Global Head of Music Partnerships and Audience.
The Global Head of Music Partnerships and Audience will be responsible for all Global and North American partnerships functions, including defining Spotify’s partnerships with the music industry and our strategy towards targeting audiences and genres with our playlist ecosystem. The role will work closely with all other Leads in the Music team to make sure Spotify continues to deliver the best offerings to artists and rights holders while creating the most exciting platform for audiences everywhere.
Qualified candidates should have significant experience working in the entertainment media space in a marketing and/or partnership role and have a deep understanding of tech companies.
Spotify’s culture encourages innovation, collaboration, transparency, passion and playfulness. There is a strong focus on continuous self-improvement, learning through experimentation, and actively sharing feedback to constantly improve performance.
The role will report directly to our Global Head of Music and will be based out of our NYC or LA office.
What you’ll do
- Manage a large team across Artist, Label, Songwriter and Publisher relationships
- Launch programs to help Spotify’s music goals
- Work with Music Marketing to ensure Spotify is the best and most effective marketer
- Continue to launch innovative campaigns and drive cultural conversations
- Grow playlist brands to become household names and target specific audiences
- Improve and define value exchange with Artists and Labels
- Manage the free / paid balance with artists and labels.
- Create innovative ways for the songwriter and publishing community to feel a part of the spotify story
- Serve as the most senior representative of Spotify’s marketing in the music industry
- Be a leader in the Music team
- Travel locally and internationally on a regular basis
- You will be based out of our NYC or LA office
Who you are
- You have a deep knowledge of the music industry and music culture
- You have managed large creative teams in the past
- You are curious about travel, geography, and culture
- You have an academic degree and significant leadership experience with an established digital music service, record label or artist management company
- You are a strong leader and influencer who is able to foster a healthy team culture
- You are able to build close working relationships with peers and management across broad and complex geographic regions
- You possess a perfect level of written and spoken English
- You have experience in marketing, strategy and operations, music and technology
- You are a strong communicator with excellent negotiating and people skills
- You possess strong analytical skills, own the ability and drive to continuously source, analyze and interpret data, using it to set performance targets and long-term business goals
- You are well organized, with the ability to plan and deliver
- You have a disciplined approach to managing processes and streamlining workflows